• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

I ADDED SOME MODS ON MY 2015 TRADITIONAL!

FEG1198

Hi guys! I added some mods on my 2015 Gibson Les Paul Traditional. Some of these mods:

-Bone Nut
-Kluson Vintage Style Tuning Machines
-Bumblebee Caps
-Jim Dunlop Straploks

etc... Now, this is one of the best Non-Custom Shop made Gibson Les Paul i've ever played. I really love this guitar! I will add a new pickup set and 59' Les Paul visual parts (Like yellow switch tip, blank truss rod cover, etc...) Here's some of the pics with new mods:

XEAbRO.jpg
rJr0oz.jpg
QpqPdA.jpg

Big Al

It's a lot of fun making these our own. Big fan of bone nuts. Sweet looking Lester.

Bear R

Yep, Sweet looking LP..and ya, I like the bone nut too...Good Job man You did good...:salude

FEG1198

Nice changes! How does it sound?
It sounds really awesome man! With the shitty brass zero fret nut, it sounds very screeching. Some people likes this but i don't like this. With the bone nut, it sounds very balanced and natural. I'm big fan of the bone nuts. Plus, bumblebee caps sound like smokey and vintagey. I like this caps. Now, i'm planning to add seymour duncan phat cat p'up set on my guitar. Anyone use this phat cat set before?

EFLOW

Les Paul Traditional with Creamtone plastics and Creamtone hardware

image_94.jpg

JeffBlue

Nicely done. I modded my 2012 Gibson Les Paul Supreme with Seymour Duncan 59/JB pickups, gold metal surrounds, Tone Pros locking studs, gold plated brass tailpiece, roller bridge, Schaller strap locks and gold metal pickup selector switch tip and Optima 24k gold strings.

FEG1198

Guys, how can I replace this "LES PAUL 100" signature for normal "Les Paul Model" headstock inlay? Should i do this?

Robinottawa

Hotshot

Looks great. I sorta did the same, once I figure how to post pics, I’ll show my LP makeover

MarkJB

Made a few mods to mine too... First was replacing the nut with the adjustable Tusq one, next changed out the GForce for Gibson deluxe tuners and the TRC for a plain one. I then installed nickel Pup covers and finally refinished the headstock. I find the coil taps useful and like that I can boost them to match the output of the Buckers so Im keeping the wiring as is. I'm used to the extra width of the board and with the frets over the binding I find it much better for bends and vibrato.

P1030395_zpsbg7yfysj.jpg

D Anthony

Guys, how can I replace this "LES PAUL 100" signature for normal "Les Paul Model" headstock inlay? Should i do this?

Wow the finish on that top is lovely! Such a nice burst color.
When I saw my local shop offering deals on the 2015's I thought about doing the same thing with the logo but in all honesty, I don't think I'd want to do that anymore. The 2015's are cool in their own right. The wider fretboard on the one's I've tried felt sooo good and in 10-20 years it will be one of those cool/oddball years where they came out with some different features and some loved them and some didn't. I'd say leave it.