• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

I ADDED SOME MODS ON MY 2015 TRADITIONAL!

FEG1198

New on the way. And I bought Seymour Duncan Antiquity pickup set, amber swich tip, historic switchwasher and truss rod cover, etc... Very exciting... Needless to say: top wrapping saves life :hee Cheers :salude:salude:salude

Last edited:

FEG1198

The replacement of the Les Paul Model logo can be done with not a lot of trouble. I have done a 2015 Les Paul junior as well as a 2017 Les Paul Traditional with excellent results. See the thread regarding my 2017 Traditional. If you decide to go ahead and want more specific details, let me know and I will be glad to help you.
https://www.lespaulforum.com/forum/showthread.php?206382-2017-Traditional-headstock-makeover

Rob
Can you help me @ the p.m.? I want to change my guitar's "les paul 100" sig. with normal "les paul model" logo. If you can send me some pics of your 2015 guitar like before / after, you make me very happy my friend

FEG1198

UPGRADES COMPLETED! And, It sounds AMAZIIINNNGGGG :hee:laugh2:

-Gotoh SD90 Vintage Style Tuners
-Seymour Duncan Antiquity Humbucker Pickup Set w/ Shiny Looking Nickel Pickup Covers
-Historic Amber Switch Tip
-New Switch and Jack Plate
-Historic Style Pickup Rings
-Blank Truss Rod Cover
-50's Style Wiring Set From Creamtone (Including Bumblebee Caps, Switchcraft Jack Input, Switchcraft Switch, CTS Pots, etc...)
-REAL BONE Nut
-Original Gibson Usa Historic Style Brown Hardshell Case
-Jim Dunlop Straplok
-Shitty Hologram at the back of the headstock is GONE! :salude
-Elixir Optiweb 11-49 String Set (My fav. string set of all time :salude) (E Standard Tuning)

woLfOgU.jpg

EcsCoTx.jpg

vmVEl4U.jpg

1vLVPZV.jpg

U7QDMDO.jpg

Last edited:

LeanJvR

Hi guys,

I like what you have done.
I'm thinking of doing the same, to buy a 2015 Traditional and mod it to my liking.

I want to know something - The real reason why I want to mod it, is is my interest in the wider 1.795" (45.5mm) nut-width.
I have big hands and found the usual nut width just ever so slightly cramped.
With the wider nut width, is it possible to use is with a slightly wider string spacing as found on the usual nut width of 1.695" (43mm)?

Cheers!

Last edited:

Big Al

Hi guys,

I'm thinking of doing the same, to buy a 2015 Traditional and mod it to my liking.

I want to know something - The real reason why I want to mod it, is is my interest in the wider 1.795" (45.5mm) nut-width.
I have big hands and found the usual nut width just ever so slightly cramped.
With the wider nut width, is it possible to use is with a slightly wider string spacing as found on the usual nut width of 1.695" (43mm)?

Cheers!

You have to source a complete aftermarket replacement or fabricate a wider, thicker nut as the stock assembly has a fixed string spread the same as the narrower nut.

LeanJvR

Hi guys,

I'm also thinking of buying a 2015 Traditional and mod it to my liking.

I want to know something- The real reason why I want to mod it, is is my interest in the wider 1.795" (45.5mm) nut-width.

I have big hands and find the usual nut width just ever so slightly cramped.

With the wider nut width, is it possible to use a slightly wider string spacing as found on the usual Gibson nut width of 1.695" (43mm)?

Cheers