• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Axcess Coil Taps

jsegovia

I have a line on a beautiful 2008 Axcess in the brownish sunburst finish. The seller swapped out the pickups but says he put the original pups back in and that all other electronics are original. He also says only the bridge pickup is split and the photo of the controls bears this out. My question is when did Axcess LP Standards get coil taps and how many? I was looking at an older Axcess which had no coil taps and the seller of that guitar said Axcess LPs originally came with no coil taps.

Another issue is it seems Axcess prices are coming down quickly. I’ve seen newer models like 2014s for around $2,700 so when I see a 2008 for just a hundred or two hundred less I don’t know if I’m getting my money’s worth. Any opinions on a fair price for an older or even a newer Axcess, and where prices might be early next year?

Thanks!