• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

2015 Les Paul Traditional Zero Fret Nut

FEG1198

Hi everyone. I have a 2015 Les Paul Traditional in Tobacco Sunburst finish. Generally, I love my guitar. I changed G-Force system for regular vintage Gibson Tuners, new pickups etc. Now, I want to change shitty Zero Fret brass nut for a bone nut. How can i do this? Has anyone ever done this before? Please help me! Thanks...

LPTD15HYNH1_NF_02.jpg

EFLOW

I have a 2015 SG Standard, this guitar is FAN-TAS-TIC !

Very resonant, very good finish, all 2015 Gibson I played are very good instruments.

The adjustable nut is a very good idea but I don' t like the material. I installed a Graph Tech TUSQ XL adjustable nut, nice vintage look and great sustain, this great nut is P n P

sg_sta25.jpg

sg_sta56.jpg

Big Al

I have a 2015 SG Standard, this guitar is FAN-TAS-TIC !

Very resonant, very good finish, all 2015 Gibson I played are very good instruments.

The adjustable nut is a very good idea but I don' t like the material. I installed a Graph Tech TUSQ XL adjustable nut, nice vintage look and great sustain, this great nut is P n P

sg_sta25.jpg

sg_sta56.jpg

Gotta agree with EFLOW! 2015 are great guitars, adjustable nuts are a good idea, brass was the wrong material, (the newer titanium is much better), and Tusq nuts are most excellent and a very smart choice.

DWS2

Les Paul Froum Member
I know this is a month old thread but Gibson has a warrantee issue with the brasss zero feet but. Calll then and they will ship you a titanium replacement for free. I did it on my 15LP and it was an amazing change. I really like the titanium zero fret. Other than the the tusq a good second option.

Idk Gibson’s position now but I called them and they asked for my serial number and 2 weeks later. I got it Free.

RedHotRed

That was my thought when I first read the thread..
Call gibson, have your serial # handy & you will have a titanium replacement very soon :dude:
I didn't know that Tusq made a replacement for them..

DWS2

Les Paul Froum Member
That was my thought when I first read the thread..
Call gibson, have your serial # handy & you will have a titanium replacement very soon :dude:
I didn't know that Tusq made a replacement for them..

Wh n I had to do a few replacements they didn’t. I am very happy I stuck with the titanium zero fret on my 15.

mariushoog

Have a 2015 Classic (absolutely love it) and although I bought mine second hand, Gibson did send me a titanium replacement for free. However also ended up putting in a TUSQ XL. Retain the ability to adjust but sounds great w/o any tuning issues and, in my opnion, just looks better. Easy to install and Thomann sells these for 14,40 euro's, so won't break the bank.

EFLOW

This nut give a nice traditional style, I hope it will be available for 2016-2018 Gibson SG and Les Paul

sg_sta29.jpg

EFLOW

IMPORTANT :

Some string brands don' t like the zero fret nut, a larger contact surface with the string is the solution like a standard nut.
Round wound strings can be incompatible with the zero fret nut.

The Graph Tech TUSQ XL adjustable nut is THE solution IMHO.