• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

'Hideaway'. Eric's version. Cover and lessons.

This is the first series of videos I have made for my guitar channel on YouTube. There is a cover version and nine accompanying lessons, of which I have so far made and uploaded five. I hope you enjoy and/or get something out of them. Thanks for watching. Cheers.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zhtB8GWqVls" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

blewsbreaker

BEANO!

Wow, well done!
That's the best note for note version I ever saw...
:dude:

stratking

This is wonderful. I know what I will be working on during my holiday break.

renderit

Wow! If you could get me to play half that fast you would be proven the Master Teacher of the Teaching and Taught Arts©®™. I need vibrato lessons bad. I do more of a subtle "shake my hand" kinda vibrato. Not a "Shake Weighty" type. I never picked up the good one. Mine works but, oh well. Good sounds dude! I will look at your lessons and see if I can grapple my failing mind enough to use them.

Elmore

Most excellent! Nice performance, and a great learning tool for blues players everywhere. Great picking. It really shows the genius of Clapton. Simple and difficult at the same time. The guy could just tell a story with a lead, like a person talking to you. Reminds me of the jazz greats. Thanks for doing this. Rock On!

Thanks. Yes, Eric Clapton is a true guitar genius. One of a kind, in a league of his own. I believe his playing from 1965-70, where he laid the foundations not only for his own playing but for rock-blues guitar in general, will never be equalled, let alone surpassed.

Vibrato. When I get round to it I'm going to share what I can about developing this technique in another video. I'm going to be doing most of the other tracks on the Beano album, sooner or later, also some other Clapton stuff from that Golden period.

Most excellent! Nice performance, and a great learning tool for blues players everywhere. Great picking. It really shows the genius of Clapton. Simple and difficult at the same time. The guy could just tell a story with a lead, like a person talking to you. Reminds me of the jazz greats. Thanks for doing this. Rock On!

"Simple and difficult at the same time" Ain't that the truth! You've hit the nail on the head with those words.

springhead

Very nicely done. Lovely playing and convincing tone too. What was your amp/recording setup for that?

Thanks. Appreciate it. I've written a blog post to explain how I recorded it. http://mybluesguitar.com/amp-settings-for-recording-hideaway/

Very nicely done. Lovely playing and convincing tone too. What was your amp/recording setup for that?
<style type="text/css">p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Helvetica; color: #e4af09}p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Helvetica; color: #454545; min-height: 14.0px}</style>

Last edited:

dalezjc

I'm late to the party here, but excellent tutorial on 'Hideaway'! Love your stuff.

Dale

Hi Dale! Thank you. I’m glad it’s of use to you. Eric’s work is a goldmine. Cheers, Mark

I'm late to the party here, but excellent tutorial on 'Hideaway'! Love your stuff.

Dale