• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

The Anarchist is about to go under the knife!!!

goldtop0

I am not saying all P-90s aren't great. These particular ones are very average. Probably need some love in the rewind department. Some P-90s have ruled the world! Lol

Joe B

My thinking is as you say Joe just that particular pair...........I love the sound of my R6..........all the best with the resurrection of the LP:salude

garywright

I'm a P-90 fan as much as the next guy but if you say they're not that great Joe.......so be it.......onwards and upwards:2cool

the pickups can't be judged fairly by the looks of what's in the control cavity ..the tone caps look hideous as well as the pots .

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
Put one of them there Rose Floyds on it

Pink's sister? :hmm

285d7e5a88924eab56c25ee82ee7ca17.jpg

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
the pickups can't be judged fairly by the looks of what's in the control cavity ..the tone caps look hideous as well as the pots .

I would bet these pickups will not end up in the trash.
They will likely be installed in some other guitar and make someone happy. :salude

goldtop0

Yes I have to agree with you........my post was going from what Joe wrote is all.

Congratulations on surviving in your (mostly) original configuration, for sixty-four years, Annie (hey, who among us hasn't gone through an "experimental bridge phase," at some point?!)!

Then, you shack up with these two new suitors, and all hell breaks loose. Anarchy, indeed!
That'll learn ya. But, then, these are the diminishing options that present themselves, when you enter your golden years.
Back when you still had that youthful glow, as the glamorous "It Girl of '53," no one could dream of a day when you'd have to learn some new steps, and dance to The Hit Parade of 1956, just to continue turning a young man's ear.
In your heyday, you wrote your own ticket, and you always called the tune.
And when you dreamed of the future, it was "How High the Moon."

Oh, well... you had a good run. With an awkward gait, maybe, but... still.

You never could get over that oxidized-bronze-powder-shade-of-green envy for your younger sisters, though - with their smoother, flawless voices, and their tighter, more compact tails. So... it's under the knife you go.

Honestly, what man could ever truly want you, for who you really were, anyway? The way that you'd been born.
Better to forever erase that past, and boldly reinvent yourself. Gussied up, as the fickle tastes dictate, in pursuit of the kind of validation that only some Seth Love can bring you.

Hey, nothing is forever, after all. I mean, you'll likely see your latest custodians shuffle off this mortal coil, someday -a long time from now- just as you might have already outlived that boy who brought you home, for the very first time. Maybe even that guy from the rebound relationship, too - the one who took away some of your shine, when he tried to make you over.
You'll bury them all.

Well, there will be your surgical "enhancements," and the tiny pieces of you that they take away.
Those are forever.

Speaking of "mortal coils," Walter may have promised you a Fuller sound, but how long can you keep on humming that same old tune, really?
How'd it go... "Will you still need me... when I'm sixty-four?"
No, old soapbars. I'm afraid that you're all washed up.
"Sexagenarian and the Single Coil?" I don't think so.
And -at your age- you've no business on the trapeze, either!!

sws1

Congratulations on surviving in your (mostly) original configuration, for sixty-four years, Annie (hey, who among us hasn't gone through an "experimental bridge phase," at some point?!)!

Then, you shack up with these two new suitors, and all hell breaks loose. Anarchy, indeed!
That'll learn ya. But, then, these are the diminishing options that present themselves, when you enter your golden years.
Back when you still had that youthful glow, as the glamorous "It Girl of '53," no one could dream of a day when you'd have to learn some new steps, and dance to The Hit Parade of 1956, just to continue turning a young man's ear.
In your heyday, you wrote your own ticket, and you always called the tune.
And when you dreamed of the future, it was "How High the Moon."

Oh, well... you had a good run. With an awkward gait, maybe, but... still.

You never could get over that oxidized-bronze-powder-shade-of-green envy for your younger sisters, though - with their smoother, flawless voices, and their tighter, more compact tails. So... it's under the knife you go.

Honestly, what man could ever truly want you, for who you really were, anyway? The way that you'd been born.
Better to forever erase that past, and boldly reinvent yourself. Gussied up, as the fickle tastes dictate, in pursuit of the kind of validation that only some Seth Love can bring you.

Hey, nothing is forever, after all. I mean, you'll likely see your latest custodians shuffle off this mortal coil, someday -a long time from now- just as you might have already outlived that boy who brought you home, for the very first time. Maybe even that guy from the rebound relationship, too - the one who took away some of your shine, when he tried to make you over.
You'll bury them all.

Well, there will be your surgical "enhancements," and the tiny pieces of you that they take away.
Those are forever.

Speaking of "mortal coils," Walter may have promised you a Fuller sound, but how long can you keep on humming that same old tune, really?
How'd it go... "Will you still need me... when I'm sixty-four?"
No, old soapbars. I'm afraid that you're all washed up.
"Sexagenarian and the Single Coil?" I don't think so.
And -at your age- you've no business on the trapeze, either!!

Brilliant

Highway Star

They say that Paganini sold his soul to the devil, I guess you guys can call it the antichrist and sell it to Yngwie Malmsteen :teeth

renderit

We have many here on this site who are STILL in the "experimental bridge phase". You can tell by their postings...

Phatfrank

Looks awesome! Can't wait to see how this turns out. Would also like to know where you guys find these things, would loooove to find one just like this:).

Oh, and thanks for sharing.

Triburst

Charlie's "The Mutt" has been my favorite mutt-style Les Paul for years. But when it's done, I think "The Anarchist" will give it strong competition.

Anarchist, congrats on finding a loving home, and good luck in rehab! :salude

Last edited:

Sp8ctre

What a fantastic looking old beast this one is! I love it! The fixes proposed sound about right to me. Can't wait to see (and hear) the final product!

DrRobert

Les Paul Forum Member
I always tend towards restoration rather than mods in something that old. I don't see anything that's fatal-the wood is all there, the finish is really cool... You guys get to do what you want, but if I found her, she'd end up with a better trapeze tail and P90s, cleaned up electronics and tuners tidied. I'd absolutely go for the refret. But there's something different about the sound of a trap P90 guitar that makes me sad to see it go...

mdubya

I am not saying all P-90s aren't great. These particular ones are very average. Probably need some love in the rewind department. Some P-90s have ruled the world! Lol

Joe B

I would happily dispose of those "less than great" P-90's for you.

giphy.gif