• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

2005 Gibson Les Paul Faded

Mats A

2005 Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded

Some time ago i bought this 2005 Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded and it´s one of the best sounding Les Pauls i´ve ever had including some Reissues. For some reason it also feels more old and vintage than any of the Reissues i´ve had. It´s like in mint condition since the seller was a guitar collector and didn´t play it. He only had it for display with other guitars. I had to do some adjustments like adjusting the Truss Rod since he had like 0.9 string

IMG_2650.jpg

Last edited:

Mats A

didn't know about his model.
nice top with binding ?
Faded ?
Yes it’s like a normal Standard with binding but with a pale color. It also got that plastic input jack like the Reissues. I prefer the metal ones they don’t break that easily.

RichieRhoads

Hello all!
New member here. I am posting because I have this exact guitar. A 2005 faded burst. I purchased in back in 2005, and played it live a handful of times back in '05 and '06. Due to many reasons, I am debating selling it. It is in excellent shape except for one decent sized scratch on the back. My buddy that manages a GC in Arizona told me to ask $2,000 for it. I was wondering if anyone here can tell me what they paid for theirs....
Thanks everyone for letting me in your wonderful forum!