• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Show your unusual Gibson !

Uncle Gary

:ganz

DSCN5106.JPG

That guitar is SMOKIN"!

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
Just for the record, that guitar never caught fire. It is all heat damage. Those "blisters" popped very easily. :ganz

Grog

I think this is a Gibson Corvus, not a Futura.

The Corvus came out about the same time, with three variations. All three had a bolt on neck. The Futura has a neck through similar to a Firebird & gold hardware. I've read that only 200 of these were produced. It was originally designed to be a headless guitar, with Steinberger tuners in the "Can Opener" cut away. This photo is similar to what the original concept should have looked like............

0QBnoFml.jpg

~jeff s

Have a early 2000's J-100 that got wet in the flood after Hurricane Katrina in NOLA; I strpped the thick lacquer fiinish which was more like a sheet of thin rubber but that protected it from the water and got it playable again. I rebuilt the neck and re-finshed the guitar with a couple of cans of re-ranch lacquer but it was never really right until I sent it to the amazing TK Smith for a new Paul Bigsby style neck, pickguard and pickup.

I imagined this as something that PA might have done for Merle Travis or Lefty Frizell, and TK nailed it . . .

Just amazing work; TK is a genius artisan-craftsman, and I love what he built for me.

J-100%20threequarter.jpeg

J-100%20Top.jpeg

J-100%20back.jpeg

~j

Last edited:

58Lover

That is flippin' gorgeous!! Unique, really looks like one of those great '50s custom jobs that big names would have made for them. Really, really cool.

EFLOW

The Corvus came out about the same time, with three variations. All three had a bolt on neck. The Futura has a neck through similar to a Firebird & gold hardware. I've read that only 200 of these were produced. It was originally designed to be a headless guitar, with Steinberger tuners in the "Can Opener" cut away. This photo is similar to what the original concept should have looked like............

0QBnoFml.jpg

What is this ? :laugh2: :laugh2:

Cibson Corvus

image_95.jpg

renderit

Sorry, this is not a Gibson.

You are correct. They all now need to say 3 Mary Fords and 7 Les Pauls! Sinners!

The BLASPHEMER who created that guitar wanted to create a IMPROVED FAKE CORVUS!

The pit of hell's gaping maw awaits him no doubt...

36388542781_940bb398e8.jpg