• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Show your unusual Gibson !

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
file.jpg

I think this looks more like a Melody Maker [2nd version]. :ganz

BrandonH

1980 Marauder with the blender pickup selector. The "Tele Killer" that was never meant to be.

16gdpyU.jpg

Strings Jr.

Before I joined this forum I had never heard of a "Harmonica" bridge.

We always called them a Marauder bridge.

F-Hole

Where did it come from, who originally owned it, who has it now... double whites, neck size, tone report, ... etc.

Came from Chicago, no idea who originally owned it. Same FON as the first rack 335's, and has some of those unique first rack characteristics, although it as born a 335. Black PAFs, original to the guitar. Neck is standard 59. Tone is at the "rock" end of 335s rather than the "blues" end.

brandtkronholm

Came from Chicago, no idea who originally owned it. Same FON as the first rack 335's, and has some of those unique first rack characteristics, although it as born a 335. Black PAFs, original to the guitar. Neck is standard 59. Tone is at the "rock" end of 335s rather than the "blues" end.

Very interesting! Thanks! :salude

StSpider

Looks pretty fabulous...what is it? Not a reissue I guess, I don't see the strap button in the side of the neck, but it has an ABR, so is it from the late 70s/80s?

Redwine

Very cool indeed tell us about this Explorer !

Its actually a 2006 that was refinished and upgraded by vintage relic. I bought it like this because it stood out but it’s really one of the best in my arsenal. It’s tonal capacity is compelling. I haven’t changed anything on it since I’ve owned it because it sounds and plays great.

EFLOW

Very cool Gibson here, my SG '61 Reissue Proprietary Limited Edition,

This Gibby has one piece body, nickel hardware, a real Gibson ABR-1 brige screwed directly into the SG body.
This beauty will be upgraded, I' m waiting for parts...

Gibson SG '61 Proprietary 23.JPG

Last edited:

Norton

I picked up this MOD SG bass last year. Gibson called the finish chocolate sparkle - not a very good picture but really unique bass.

jrgtr42

IMG_3631(3).jpg

Don't know how much it qualifies as unusual, but I haven't seen any like it, and haven't found the catalog from the year to see. (someone posted a link to catalogs, but 1992 wasn't included.)
It's a Les Paul bass, slab body like a special, but with the different headstock inlay.