• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Creamtone Custom parts ?

harleytech

Tag..
Not to hijack this thread, But I would like to know if anybody has used their
electronics... Like the pots and bumblebee caps...

P.Walker

I have a set of their long anchor strap pins.

Since 09, historics have come with longer strap pins/screws and these are an exact fit, except the aluminum button is sturdier and the screw is steel instead of the wimpy brass that historics have.

Last edited:

alnico59

I replaced all the factory chrome hardware and plastics on my 2010 Traditional Plus with Creamtone aged nickel and correct colored plastics.

Here is the stock Gibson pinkish colored guard next to the Creamtone. I also used an aged nickel bracket.

2zrp66u.jpg

Here is the guitar before and after.

8x6mhw.jpg

2u8e8ev.jpg

garywright

Lonnie stocks excellent products that are fairly priced ...plus he couldn't be any more friendly to deal with :salude

les strat

I have Creamtone Vintage rings (not the regular ones they used to offer). They are a nice off white, not cream, and go well with the Mojotone vintage cut guard, which is creamier, but not as bad as the Gibson Historic guards. Also have the Creamtone jack plate after breaking the original.
IMG_4400.jpg

Mars Hall

Just ordered a set of their Truvintage Gold Bonnet Knobs. Can't wait until they arrive.

scovell001

ECP HALLOWED GROUND-1.jpg

Lonnie has always been a pleasure to deal with, no problems at all. I would say, as with the other repro parts dealers there are certain items which are great, others not quite so. I have a custom pickguard & plain back plates from him. Pickguard is pretty spot on, the backplate for the toggle switch likes to resonate annoyingly sometimes.

Not to disrespect Lonnie & creamtone in any way. I would just say, if your really finickity as I am, then it nearly always ends being Bartlett as their stuff is nigh on identical.

Regards the member asking about wiring harnesses. I'd say drop Lonnie a line. CTS pots can all be matched, the PIO caps are tricky because they are quite literally, all over the place ! I would imagine they are picked to be 'within range' ie 20% either way & wired neck or bridge, depending upon that.

EFLOW

My lovely SG Standard Limited Ed. ebony fretboard ...

gibson20.jpg

... and the Creamtone pickguard cool wide bevel. :spabout

gibson19.jpg

montesada

I have their wiring kit with drifted bumblebees installed in my 2014 Traditional, along with a set of 1970 Patent Sticker T-Tops.
I am totally satisfied with the sound. I don't know what the kit adds to the sound, but it's not going to be changed. I get compliments on the "old-school" sound whenever I play it out.

2psnnmv.jpg

captainvideo

I have their wiring kit with drifted bumblebees installed in my 2014 Traditional, along with a set of 1970 Patent Sticker T-Tops.
I am totally satisfied with the sound. I don't know what the kit adds to the sound, but it's not going to be changed. I get compliments on the "old-school" sound whenever I play it out.

2psnnmv.jpg

What a cute dog! What breed?