• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Knob Prob.

Vince Q

I love the look of a '58, so I bought factory Gibson blanked-out truss rod cover, aged pick up selector, knob pointers and vintage knobs to put on my 2016 cherry burst LP Traditional. The knobs won't press down onto the long split-shaft vol./tone pots. Must be a difference in the size of the hole in the knobs or a different spline?

What am I missing?

Don

Do your guitar's pots have fine (24 splines, I believe) pots typical of US made guitars or coarse (18 splines, I believe) pots? Did you buy knobs with fine or coarse splines?

Vince Q

Do your guitar's pots have fine (24 splines, I believe) pots typical of US made guitars or coarse (18 splines, I believe) pots? Did you buy knobs with fine or coarse splines?

IDK. Gibson's website doesn't give a spec or an option between the two.

Vince Q

Well apparently there are two different splines. My Traditional has coarse splines to I'll be ordering new ones from StewMac.