• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

One of my songs brought to life in video.

Big Al

I always love your music, Brother. It reaches me and I get it. I don't glad hand, if it don't I keep quiet, when it do, I say so. It do, I'm moist.

rockabilly69

I always love your music, Brother. It reaches me and I get it. I don't glad hand, if it don't I keep quiet, when it do, I say so. It do, I'm moist.
Thanks Big Al, I appreciate it. By your many posts here, I can tell you are lot like some of my best friends that I grew up with in New York. Passionate, no bullshit people.

Wilko

All Access/Backstage Pass
That is SO COOL!!

I love everything about it. The song, the playing are top notch for sure.

Being a technical kind of guy, I love the video, the concept and the execution of the stop motion, and the behind the scenes stuff showing the making. The studio gear making that whole crafting experience. So cool.

I have another friend who is a wild man and someone animated on his more wild songs--totally different animal, but what the heck... Check out this crazy animated thing:

rockabilly69

That is SO COOL!!

I love everything about it. The song, the playing are top notch for sure.

Being a technical kind of guy, I love the video, the concept and the execution of the stop motion, and the behind the scenes stuff showing the making. The studio gear making that whole crafting experience. So cool.

I have another friend who is a wild man and someone animated on his more wild songs--totally different animal, but what the heck... Check out this crazy animated thing:

That was a great video Wilko!

Wilko

That was a great video Wilko!

Steve Poltz is a friend who co-wrote "You Were Meant For Me" with Jewel. He tours constantly and is a great songwriter/entertainer/troubadour. Amazing right hand on guitar. Piano on that song is A.J. Croce (Son of Jim Croce) both of these guys now live in Nashville. WHen steve plays live he hooks his phone up to play the piano part.

rockabilly69

Steve Poltz is a friend who co-wrote "You Were Meant For Me" with Jewel. He tours constantly and is a great songwriter/entertainer/troubadour. Amazing right hand on guitar. Piano on that song is A.J. Croce (Son of Jim Croce) both of these guys now live in Nashville. WHen steve plays live he hooks his phone up to play the piano part.
I've heard AJ before he's really a good musician!

Big Al

You two guys could be my little Bros! What a racket we could have made. Rockabilly, I must have listened to that song 10 times last night while I nursed a wonderful glass of fine Bourbon. Just great stuff. There are some very soulful talented peeps here at the forum. I've been delighted so many times. It makes up for some of the dreadful stuff I've suffered thru!:laugh2::laugh2: (STOCK HIPPY):hippy:pop:ha!

rockabilly69

You two guys could be my little Bros! What a racket we could have made. Rockabilly, I must have listened to that song 10 times last night while I nursed a wonderful glass of fine Bourbon. Just great stuff. There are some very soulful talented peeps here at the forum. I've been delighted so many times. It makes up for some of the dreadful stuff I've suffered thru!:laugh2::laugh2: (STOCK HIPPY):hippy:pop:ha!

Bourbon's my drink Al, I like the lower 80 proof Basil Hayden's with a little spash of water. And yes what a racket we could have made :laugh2:

Wilko

I don't make as much racket these days either, and my drink is Scotch!:salude

Big Al

Bourbon's my drink Al, I like the lower 80 proof Basil Hayden's with a little spash of water. And yes what a racket we could have made :laugh2:

OMG! I swear that is too perfect!! I had finished off my last bottle of Blantons a favorite, and my wife couldn't find another so she bought a bottle of Basil Hayden's for me to try. Since 1796 when Kentucky was 4 yrs old and George Washington was President. Excellent by any standard. It is exactly what I was sippin' while enjoying your song.

I like good Scotch but Bourbon is my whiskey of choice and preference.

rockabilly69

OMG! I swear that is too perfect!! I had finished off my last bottle of Blantons a favorite, and my wife couldn't find another so she bought a bottle of Basil Hayden's for me to try. Since 1796 when Kentucky was 4 yrs old and George Washington was President. Excellent by any standard. It is exactly what I was sippin' while enjoying your song.

I like good Scotch but Bourbon is my whiskey of choice and preference.
hahahahahahah!

becks bolero

killer atmospheric & moody blues tune!

I thought the video clips were a bit short, and transitions abrupt: the editor could have held the shots longer. some great footage though!

rockabilly69

killer atmospheric & moody blues tune!

I thought the video clips were a bit short, and transitions abrupt: the editor could have held the shots longer. some great footage though!
I agree on all points with you Chris! As I said this was his first music video, so I pass all comments along to him. He wants to do another soon but I've been gigging like a madman so I haven't had time to sit down with him.

becks bolero

yeah I hope I don't sound negative, just offering feedback!

the footage does look great.

If your friend is serious he should hook up with someone with experience editing video., & learn some tricks

would be a good idea to re-edit it a few times and assess, as a learning tool

I have worked with many editors & have a good idea of what works well, but I'll shut my pie-hole now ;)

have a great 2018, really good to see/hear your stuff, I've always been a fan!

cheers

rockabilly69

yeah I hope I don't sound negative, just offering feedback!

the footage does look great.

If your friend is serious he should hook up with someone with experience editing video., & learn some tricks

would be a good idea to re-edit it a few times and assess, as a learning tool

I have worked with many editors & have a good idea of what works well, but I'll shut my pie-hole now ;)

have a great 2018, really good to see/hear your stuff, I've always been a fan!

cheers
No I think he can deal with the feedback both negative and positive:)