The Fender Forum
NEW! LPF Facebook Page
LilyPix
Merchandise & Donations
NEW! Burst Serial Log Home Page
LPF Homesite

One of my songs brought to life in video.

A close friend of mine asked me if I would like to make a video for one of my new songs. He's just getting
    into trying his hand at this kind of thing and this is his first, so check it out....

Re: One of my songs brought to life in video.

Good stuff...
    Stop by and get reacquainted with The all NEW Fender Forum

Great sanging and pickin'.

Just loved it- haunting- great (what is that- an Anderson?) slide tone. Very tasty. And you could easily put that one into a three or four piece setting. Just great.

Loved it as usual! I am very at peace with the minor chord thang and looking back through my favorite songs over the past 100 years I gotta say the vast preponderance of them are in that vein. Wish I could pick 1/10th as good as you! Kickass National by the way!
    Renderit, You have an interesting perspective and your posts aren't boring...
    Ren, all in all, I'm giving you a C- today's posts...
    Most of what you write with regards to my posts is cryptic nonsensical gibberish like this. I would prefer if you actually added something to the conversation but hey, I haven't walked in your shoes. So being as nice as possible: I look at your posts as if I was dealing with an eccentric cousin who comes to visit unannounced.

Les Paul Forum Member AA00475Bassman's Avatar

You really can play great tune , thanks for posting .
    He was a sonic disaster, thinking hours of practice would make up for stock pickups, poorly carved top and The wrong glue !

Thanks for the comments, I will pass them along to my friend who made the video, as I said it's the first time he's ever done one

Quote Originally Posted by corpse View Post

Just loved it- haunting- great (what is that- an Anderson?) slide tone. Very tasty. And you could easily put that one into a three or four piece setting. Just great.
    The slide tone is just glass slide on strings, and my National reso tuned to C#5 low to high (C# G# C# G# G# C#)

Quote Originally Posted by renderit View Post
    Loved it as usual! I am very at peace with the minor chord thang and looking back through my favorite songs over the past 100 years I gotta say the vast preponderance of them are in that vein. Wish I could pick 1/10th as good as you! Kickass National by the way!
    Funny thing Ren, my song is in the key of C# and the guitar is tuned to open C#5 (All C#, and G#) without the minor defining E note, so you are hearing the E note only in the vocal melody

Quote Originally Posted by corpse View Post

When I arrange the songs I always think of how they will sound solo and with a rhythm section, and even occasionally with another guitarist. But I always make sure they will sound solid as a solo because that's how I play 95% of the time. That song on the video is totally solo and the second take (I forgot the lyrics on the first take).

Les Paul Forum Member Ed Driscoll's Avatar

Really nice lighting and film-like look in the video. (And the music and singing isn't too shabby, either.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Driscoll View Post
    Really nice lighting and film-like look in the video. (And the music and singing isn't too shabby, either.)
    Hey Ed, notice that's Sonar X3 in the background

Les Paul Forum Member Ed Driscoll's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rockabilly69 View Post
    Hey Ed, notice that's Sonar X3 in the background
    Heh -- I saw a DAW GUI in the background, but I didn't know which type it was. Nice collection of condenser and ribbon mics, also!

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Driscoll View Post
    Heh -- I saw a DAW GUI in the background, but I didn't know which type it was. Nice collection of condenser and ribbon mics, also!
    I actually have been collecting microphones more than guitars in the last few years, a few days ago I got a killer Lawson mic combo that sounds great... http://www.lawsonmicrophones.com/product/COMBO.html

Les Paul Forum Member Billy Porter's Avatar

Enjoyed that - great song and envious of your playing/singing style. Nice to hear something that isn't awash with distortion and reverb

Good video as well
    You’re never alone with a schizophrenic

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Porter View Post
    Enjoyed that - great song and envious of your playing/singing style. Nice to hear something that isn't awash with distortion and reverb

Good video as well
    Thanks Billy, I'm not really a distortion person even when I play electric I dial the edge out of my lead tone, that why I like Les Pauls I can get a fat fingerstyle tone, listen here at 4:21 you can hear what I'm talking about...

https://soundcloud.com/daniel-weldon...g-for-a-change

Les Paul Forum Member CoyotesGator's Avatar
    The Institute for the Very, Very, Very Nervous

Very nice Dan!

As I see it, I serve the beat. Groove is everything.

Big Al

Les Paul Forum Member deytookerjaabs's Avatar

Good work! And here's to hoping those bottles didn't drink themselves

Funny thing Ren, my song is in the key of C# and the guitar is tuned to open C#5 (All C#, and G#) without the minor defining E note, so you are hearing the E note only in the vocal melody
    I have no idea what that all means! Zero on theory, knowledge, skills and terms. But I still love the sound. Maybe it's that "dissonance" thang! Much pickin' with slide comes out that way to me. Maybe it is what you are sliding over that tickles me. I don't know. But to me I lump it with my minor libary and that be good! Makes me feel like jumpin' on a horse and riding off to senselessly battle the 'man' or the 'pack of wolvesses'...
    Renderit, You have an interesting perspective and your posts aren't boring...
    Ren, all in all, I'm giving you a C- today's posts...
    Most of what you write with regards to my posts is cryptic nonsensical gibberish like this. I would prefer if you actually added something to the conversation but hey, I haven't walked in your shoes. So being as nice as possible: I look at your posts as if I was dealing with an eccentric cousin who comes to visit unannounced.

Quote Originally Posted by renderit View Post
    I have no idea what that all means! Zero on theory, knowledge, skills and terms. But I still love the sound. Maybe it's that "dissonance" thang! Much pickin' with slide comes out that way to me. Maybe it is what you are sliding over that tickles me. I don't know. But to me I lump it with my minor libary and that be good! Makes me feel like jumpin' on a horse and riding off to senselessly battle the 'man' or the 'pack of wolvesses'...
    As long as you feel it Ren!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by deytookerjaabs View Post
    Good work! And here's to hoping those bottles didn't drink themselves
    Oh you mean the studio lubrication. Don't worry though, it' always work first, drinks later

Quote Originally Posted by CoyotesGator View Post
    Very nice Dan!

Thanks!!!

I always love your music, Brother. It reaches me and I get it. I don't glad hand, if it don't I keep quiet, when it do, I say so. It do, I'm moist.
    The older I get, the better I was.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    I always love your music, Brother. It reaches me and I get it. I don't glad hand, if it don't I keep quiet, when it do, I say so. It do, I'm moist.
    Thanks Big Al, I appreciate it. By your many posts here, I can tell you are lot like some of my best friends that I grew up with in New York. Passionate, no bullshit people.

All Access/Backstage Pass Wilko's Avatar

That is SO COOL!!

I love everything about it. The song, the playing are top notch for sure.

Being a technical kind of guy, I love the video, the concept and the execution of the stop motion, and the behind the scenes stuff showing the making. The studio gear making that whole crafting experience. So cool.

I have another friend who is a wild man and someone animated on his more wild songs--totally different animal, but what the heck... Check out this crazy animated thing:

Quote Originally Posted by Wilko View Post
    That is SO COOL!!

I love everything about it. The song, the playing are top notch for sure.

Being a technical kind of guy, I love the video, the concept and the execution of the stop motion, and the behind the scenes stuff showing the making. The studio gear making that whole crafting experience. So cool.

I have another friend who is a wild man and someone animated on his more wild songs--totally different animal, but what the heck... Check out this crazy animated thing:
    That was a great video Wilko!

That was a great video Wilko!
    Steve Poltz is a friend who co-wrote "You Were Meant For Me" with Jewel. He tours constantly and is a great songwriter/entertainer/troubadour. Amazing right hand on guitar. Piano on that song is A.J. Croce (Son of Jim Croce) both of these guys now live in Nashville. WHen steve plays live he hooks his phone up to play the piano part.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilko View Post
    Steve Poltz is a friend who co-wrote "You Were Meant For Me" with Jewel. He tours constantly and is a great songwriter/entertainer/troubadour. Amazing right hand on guitar. Piano on that song is A.J. Croce (Son of Jim Croce) both of these guys now live in Nashville. WHen steve plays live he hooks his phone up to play the piano part.
    I've heard AJ before he's really a good musician!

You two guys could be my little Bros! What a racket we could have made. Rockabilly, I must have listened to that song 10 times last night while I nursed a wonderful glass of fine Bourbon. Just great stuff. There are some very soulful talented peeps here at the forum. I've been delighted so many times. It makes up for some of the dreadful stuff I've suffered thru! (STOCK HIPPY)

You two guys could be my little Bros! What a racket we could have made. Rockabilly, I must have listened to that song 10 times last night while I nursed a wonderful glass of fine Bourbon. Just great stuff. There are some very soulful talented peeps here at the forum. I've been delighted so many times. It makes up for some of the dreadful stuff I've suffered thru! (STOCK HIPPY)
    Bourbon's my drink Al, I like the lower 80 proof Basil Hayden's with a little spash of water. And yes what a racket we could have made

I don't make as much racket these days either, and my drink is Scotch!

Bourbon's my drink Al, I like the lower 80 proof Basil Hayden's with a little spash of water. And yes what a racket we could have made
    OMG! I swear that is too perfect!! I had finished off my last bottle of Blantons a favorite, and my wife couldn't find another so she bought a bottle of Basil Hayden's for me to try. Since 1796 when Kentucky was 4 yrs old and George Washington was President. Excellent by any standard. It is exactly what I was sippin' while enjoying your song.

I like good Scotch but Bourbon is my whiskey of choice and preference.

OMG! I swear that is too perfect!! I had finished off my last bottle of Blantons a favorite, and my wife couldn't find another so she bought a bottle of Basil Hayden's for me to try. Since 1796 when Kentucky was 4 yrs old and George Washington was President. Excellent by any standard. It is exactly what I was sippin' while enjoying your song.

I like good Scotch but Bourbon is my whiskey of choice and preference.
    hahahahahahah!

Les Paul Forum Member Pellman73's Avatar

good stuff man

I really enjoyed that

thank you for sharing

Quote Originally Posted by Pellman73 View Post
    good stuff man

I really enjoyed that

thank you for sharing
    Thanks Mr Man, Pellman that is!