• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Finally - The Mick Ralphs LP Standard Replica

Ken Fortunato

Administrator
Staff member
Waited over a year after hearing about this while visiting the Custom shop last year. Weighing in at a mere 8lbs 4oz, very resonant and thanks to Vic having The Custom shop pick out a killer top to boot, I like it. :jim

Congrats brother! Killer! :salude

BurstFan

You guys really are special! Everytime a new Gibson run shows up you are all Aahhhh und Uuuhhhh, this is great, fantastic, waited so long, outstanding job. Gibson we worship you!

I truly don‘t get it. You all should know by now that the prototype and the first two guitars all look good and very close to the original. Then production starts and the tops are all over the place, different people do the paint job and aging, so that differs from guitar to guitar as well.
And you are still willing to pay close to 10 grand for these guitars.

You should start a Gibson church. These are truly signs of a cult. :##

F-Hole

You all should know by now that the prototype and the first two guitars all look good and very close to the original.

How would you know, you've seen neither the prototype nor the original?

Then production starts and the tops are all over the place.....

Really? How many have you seen?

And you are still willing to pay close to 10 grand for these guitars.

They're purposefully at a lower price point of $7,499 MSRP, and there's a new one sub $7k on ebay.

Still, if you think that's close to $10k I have some land in Florida that may interest you.

You should start a Gibson church. These are truly signs of a cult. :##

Dude, you're on the Les Paul Forum........WTF do you expect?

BurstFan

Guys don't take this whole LP stuff too serious!
I was just joking around. :)

demundo

I played one a few weeks ago. visually it was great it looked and felt old. even the frets were worn and not perfect. it played and felt great. very light weight. I passed on it because it had what I call light guitar syndrome and for me the tone was not there. it sold 25 min later to the guy who was behind me in line.

AA00475Bassman

I played one a few weeks ago. visually it was great it looked and felt old. even the frets were worn and not perfect. it played and felt great. very light weight. I passed on it because it had what I call light guitar syndrome and for me the tone was not there. it sold 25 min later to the guy who was behind me in line.

(I passed on it because it had what I call light guitar syndrome and for me the tone was not there )

So true , this will never sell at this Kool-Aid stand !

F-Hole

All the CC's I've seen are too light IMHO. There's light, and then there's too light.

Stow

Would love to check one of these out in person, I'm sure they look and play GREAT.

Last edited:

goldtop0

All the CC's I've seen are too light IMHO. There's light, and then there's too light.

Lightweight and a thin sound John? ............or am I on the wrong track in writing this.
I've got a '13 R8 that's 8lb 4oz and it's a very bold rounded sounding LP(acoustically and plugged in).........more depth to it than many other Historics and vintage LPs that I've played.
And can you please answer the question as to the neck profile fat or 59ish.

F-Hole

Def not a fat neck, quite round and more "59" in size.

On weight, when some are heading to 8lb it's just a different sound to a heavier guitar. The original is a smidge under 9lb, so I don't understand why they don't use heavier wood. People like light guitars, me included, but that's a departure from a bona fide replica. Not better/worse sound or feel, just different.

lpnv59

All Access/Backstage Pass
My TH is about 8lbs even and sounds big and warm. My burst is 8bs 1oz and sounds big and warm. I don't like every light guitar, I don't like all heavy guitars. Its how you play and attack the strings in relation to the inherent tone of an instrument. I prefer to buy light weight guitars and not own any heavy weight guitars. But I can play anything and get a sound out of it.