• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Just Ordered A Precision Guitar Kits 54 Les Paul............................

JeffBlue

Years ago, I repaired a 58 Gibson Les Paul Special that someone sprayed flat black paint on badly. I removed the pickups and hardware and stripped it down to bare wood. I oiled the guitar and replaced the parts. When I plugged in and played, the tone moved me. I asked him if he would sell the guitar and he said no. I almost cried when I gave it back.

This is an attempt to get near (or not) to that iconic tone. I had to make some concessions because I don't have all the funds I need and I have to use parts I have on hand. Precision Guitar Kits 54 black limba Les Paul and neck, ebony fretboard and headstock laminate, trapezoid inlays, stainless steel frets, jr. controls. I'll be installing Seymour Duncan 59/JB humbuckers. Someday I'll contact Seymour Duncan/Maricela to wind me some matched custom Phat Cats wound to Antiquity or Vintage specs and Dun-Aged magnets.

0 2339

curious how it turns out, keep us updated!!

all the best with your build!!

GotTheSilver

Years ago, I repaired a 58 Gibson Les Paul Special that someone sprayed flat black paint on badly. I removed the pickups and hardware and stripped it down to bare wood. I oiled the guitar and replaced the parts. When I plugged in and played, the tone moved me. I asked him if he would sell the guitar and he said no. I almost cried when I gave it back.

This is an attempt to get near (or not) to that iconic tone. I had to make some concessions because I don't have all the funds I need and I have to use parts I have on hand. Precision Guitar Kits 54 black limba Les Paul and neck, ebony fretboard and headstock laminate, trapezoid inlays, stainless steel frets, jr. controls. I'll be installing Seymour Duncan 59/JB humbuckers. Someday I'll contact Seymour Duncan/Maricela to wind me some matched custom Phat Cats wound to Antiquity or Vintage specs and Dun-Aged magnets.

That is very cool! I am currently in the middle of my second guitar build. I am building a Les Paul Special double cut, but dressing it up like a Les Paul Custom - black, multi-ply binding, etc. It is a lot of fun. Good luck on your build!

renderit

I am building a new air guitar! It has jules and 'spensive metals and woulds from other galaxies! It will bee a triple cut, relaxed back and knee and relaxed top, with 4WD type short whammy bar & grill with 3x loupe and a cigarette lighter! I will use this:

38700939841_d73f123ef8_b.jpg

JeffBlue

Precision Guitar Kits workmanship is amazing. I installed a black Graphtech nut, Grover vintage style open gear tuners, Schaller strap locks, CTS 250k (volume) 500k (tone) pots, Electrosocket and Seymour Duncan chrome covered 59 and black open coil JB pickups. I am deciding whether I should install a TonePros wraptail or a GFS SLICK brass wraptail bridge.

jrgtr42

I've been looking at a couple things from them for a while. Would love to see an up date how the guitar is coming along / turned out.

JeffBlue

I've been looking at a couple things from them for a while. Would love to see an up date how the guitar is coming along / turned out.

My Precision Guitar Kits 54 custom Les Paul turned out to be an awesome guitar. This guitar sounds way better than my 2012 Gibson Les Paul Supreme that I had modded. The PGK guitar sustains and resonates beautifully. Acoustically loud for a chambered solid body. I would highly recommend precision Guitar Kits and I will most likely order another custom Les Paul per my routing scheme.

Big Al

I recommended them to a good friend who ordered multiple kits. Wrong wood, wrong/incorrect hardware, bridge posts and Phil ignored or wouldn't answer emails or phone messages. Over a year of being jerked around. Not good service and I would not ever recommend him no matter how good his product may appear. God help you if there is a problem.

I've never found a chambered guitar that wasn't acousticly loud, it's normal.

JeffBlue

I recommended them to a good friend who ordered multiple kits. Wrong wood, wrong/incorrect hardware, bridge posts and Phil ignored or wouldn't answer emails or phone messages. Over a year of being jerked around. Not good service and I would not ever recommend him no matter how good his product may appear. God help you if there is a problem.

I've never found a chambered guitar that wasn't acousticly loud, it's normal.

That is not cool. I had no problems and I ended with an awesome guitar. I'm sorry for your friend. Cannot seem to get photos to load.

<attachment></attachment><attachment></attachment><attachment></attachment>

JeffBlue

/Users/jeffhughes/Downloads/IMG_0033.JPG

/Users/jeffhughes/Downloads/IMG_0034.JPG

/Users/jeffhughes/Downloads/IMG_0035.JPG

How do I get the photos to load?

JeffBlue

http//:IMG.Users/jeffhughes/Downloads/IMG_0033.JPG/IMG

http//:IMG./Users/jeffhughes/Downloads/IMG_0034.JPG/IMG

http//:IMG.Users/jeffhughes/Downloads/IMG_0035.JPG/IMG