• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Pickup and Control Circuit Modeler

EpiLP1985

I’ve started to develop what I think is a pretty useful tool. It came about from the Koss/Greeny Output thread and I’m just starting a new thread here as it seems the most appropriate place to develop it.

Here is what I have so far:

https://www.lespaulforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6574&d=1510939211

My plan is to solicit feedback from the forum and make a tab for most common models of guitar that the various forum meme era here would encounter or own (LP, LPJ, SG, Strat, Tele).

Last edited:

EpiLP1985

Made some progress today on the modeler:

Main Page
Main.jpg

Neck Taper and Resistance Tables (Output from Bode Plots will eventually be here)
Neck.jpg

Bridge Taper and Resistance Tables (Output from Bode Plots will eventually be here)
Bridge.jpg

This will be the analytical section. It basically models the transfer function for the whole circuit. By choosing a pot position (in %) in the taper and resistance page, you can model the frequency response of the system at all resistance values. This will also be helpful for tuning a circuit for different pots and caps.
Bode.jpg