• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Neil Young puts entire music archive online for free

Foggy72

SpencerD

Cool. That guy has a seriously vast amount of songs.

NOT Fuckin' Up - :peace2

Steve62

One of my favourite artists, diverse and even now you never know what he will come up with. Saw him in London last time around with Promise of the Real and they rocked out as good as I have ever seen him. Played for about 2 1/2 hours and would put a lot of younger bands to shame with his energy, not bad for 72 (?). Heard a rumour they will hit the road again next year.

58Lover

Wasn't Young hard-core against MP3s and the like because of what he felt was the ruining of music with the compression, etc. ?

Foggy72

Wasn't Young hard-core against MP3s and the like because of what he felt was the ruining of music with the compression, etc. ?

He was more against the common low sample rate mp3's (eg 128) that delivered 1/10 of the original music. He created the Pono player which is super high sampling of the original masters, but it never caught on.

tdarian

I went in there last night and it is very cool! I started with the stuff from 1968 & 1969 that I grew up on, but there is so much there!

bizzwriter

Thanks for this! Starting on song #1 (7/23/63) and going to let it spool out from there. With as much music as Neil has put out over the years, I expect it to take a LONG time to get through the entire archive!