• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Macca playing a black leftie LP Custom

Phil 52

Video deleted as obviously no interest here in Paul McCartney playing a Les Paul Custom

Last edited:

nickza

maccalpcustom.jpg

jhmp

If you had a video, you should have left it up for a while. I saw the photo yesterday, didn't notice a video...
So, what year is the Custom?

Jim W

If you had a video, you should have left it up for a while. I saw the photo yesterday, didn't notice a video...
So, what year is the Custom?

Looking at the photo; does that look like the TRC is correct for a lefty? I believe that would have to be a later custom shop model (or a replaced TRC) since originals AFAIK had righty ones upside down.

Flogger

Arrived in a Snit, got cornflakes piddled on, left in a Huff.

TM1

Not a vintage Custom! Inlays at the top end of the fingerboard are incorrect for a vintage custom. It would also have 3-pickups for a vintage Custom. Gibson did make some 2-pickup versions in the `50's, but those are scarce