• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Look what followed me home from the Philly guitar show...

sws1

Not vintage, but looks the part. Several year old Custom Shop '64 relic in aged Lake Placid blue. It was the missing piece in my collection (for now).

Plus I didn't have enough cash on me to take home the "last burst" (late '60 LP standard) which was on display, accepting offers.

NnA7mMDh.jpg

UEcxa5zh.jpg

Pellman73

I've got two relic custom shop strats and love them

one is kind of a brother to yours-- but its a sparkly blue like evil kneivel's helmet

cool guitar!

nice score

sws1

I've got two relic custom shop strats and love them

one is kind of a brother to yours-- but its a sparkly blue like evil kneivel's helmet

cool guitar!

nice score

I also have a '57 Custom Shop light relic, and that was the first strat in 25 years that I actually kept and enjoy playing. Every other strat / G&L / etc. just never stuck around long. But I love the CS guitars.

P.Walker

Well I wish I had some random strats following me home :hmm

That's a very pretty color. Does CS still do celluloid guards?

J.D.

I dig the color.

And that headstock is scary good :jim

Pellman73

here's both of mine

this one is so good it is scary-- it is a Dale Wilson Masterbuilt. I would not call the relic "light" ! not for the faint of heart for relic jobs for sure. I had no interest or reason to buy this but my friend had it built for his shop downtown here in southern pines nc and I walked in and pulled off the wall and plugged into a princeton and just looked at him like "DAMN YOU! DAMN YOU TO HELL!"

It has a brazilian rosewood fretboard and big frets and a slinky 61 neck that is just right. Sherwood green over a sunburst (over dragged behind a truck?)

this is the Evil Kneivel one-- maple fb and bigger 57 neck. bigger guitar (I bet weighs at least a pound more than the other). but super fun to play and I love the look