The Fender Forum
NEW! LPF Facebook Page
LilyPix
Merchandise & Donations
NEW! Burst Serial Log Home Page
LPF Homesite
    Les Paul Forum Member Pellman73's Avatar

Matchless RV-1 In Green With Special Pimped Out Chrome Front-- Finally Back!

got this thing in april. it was broken when I got it --sent it to phil jamison---it finally came back today.

its really really cool and sounds great! I"ll post some vids at some point.

rare bird this thing. Took me a year to find one. and from what I understand one of two with the chrome front

beautiful.

http://
    Last edited by Pellman73; 11-14-17 at 05:46 PM.

Re: Matchless RV-1 In Green With Special Pimped Out Chrome Front-- Finally Back!

Does it splashes us?
    Renderit, You have an interesting perspective and your posts aren't boring...
    Ren, all in all, I'm giving you a C- today's posts...
    Most of what you write with regards to my posts is cryptic nonsensical gibberish like this. I would prefer if you actually added something to the conversation but hey, I haven't walked in your shoes. So being as nice as possible: I look at your posts as if I was dealing with an eccentric cousin who comes to visit unannounced.

Re: Matchless RV-1 In Green With Special Pimped Out Chrome Front-- Finally Back!

Quote Originally Posted by renderit View Post
    Does it splashes us?
    I'm not sure but I think so

my ren-ese may be failing me

I've always thought it was like 70% Golem and 30% human

what I DO know is that when you turn it on and the matchless logo lights up thats like, at least 25% of the fun part.

Serves up surfy bits does it?
    Most of what you write with regards to my posts is cryptic nonsensical gibberish like this. I would prefer if you actually added something to the conversation but hey, I haven't walked in your shoes. So being as nice as possible: I look at your posts as if I was dealing with an eccentric cousin who comes to visit unannounced.

Serves up surfy bits does it?
    Now I’m with you brother

yes surf is def up!

They have the mostest excellent reverbs verbs erbs rbs bs s I has eber herd! I am sure this one is very special. I lubs me Matchles verbs on my Clubman. I suspect though that this one may weigh more than my wife?

Les Paul Forum Member ourmaninthenorth's Avatar

Glad you finally got it back...

All's well that ends well..well.. well...well....well......well......

Shakespeare walks into a pub, the Landlord says "get out, you're Bard"

They have the mostest excellent reverbs verbs erbs rbs bs s I has eber herd! I am sure this one is very special. I lubs me Matchles verbs on my Clubman. I suspect though that this one may weigh more than my wife?
    I really enjoyed that watery surf font color scheme. one of my favorites!

sorry was away a few days-

Imagining your wife as an attractive petite blond then yes it weighs more than her (how did I handle that one?)

will try to post up a video as I've actually never even found one on the u tube

I might go viral with it!

Quote Originally Posted by ourmaninthenorth View Post
    Glad you finally got it back...

All's well that ends well..well.. well...well....well......well......

thank u sir!

the matchless rig of doom is finally complete! (although I"m using the matchless 2X12 cab w my friedman small box right now)

http://

fun parts is that if you use the "switchable" outlet on the back of the HC-30 it powers up the Hot Box

The whole combo of Hotbox + RV-1 + HC-30 ..... pretty dang good!

I've got to work on my alternate picking. W that Reverb unit you can get your Dick Dale on for sure.

(not sure what he is using-- this is a simulation!)

btw interesting I noticed he is playing a LEFT HANDED GUITAR STRUNG RIGHTY PLAYED LEFTY. man that almost makes my head explode

I think you gotta get a Matchless cab covered in that same minty tolex... The Hotbox is a pretty bright overdrive, do you find that too much into the Matchless head? I love mine into a Fender, it turns it into a completely different beast but haven't tried it into my DC30 or Chieftain.

Anyway, congrats, that's a rare and cool piece!

Quote Originally Posted by DrRobert View Post
    I think you gotta get a Matchless cab covered in that same minty tolex... The Hotbox is a pretty bright overdrive, do you find that too much into the Matchless head? I love mine into a Fender, it turns it into a completely different beast but haven't tried it into my DC30 or Chieftain.

Anyway, congrats, that's a rare and cool piece!
    no I think it sounds great especially just with the clean volume up a little and the gain off (gain on is cool too)

put the two rectifier tubes in a while ago and I think maybe it made the second channel a little muddier than I wanted. I use the AC-30 channel more often

ha yea I looked for one but ended up getting the a 2x12 (you an see it next to it on the left) -- this was before I got the green RV-1. now you are right. I do need the matching cab for the full green matchless set up of doom-- actually I saw a 4x12 on reverb a while back.

here's the one I have--

doesn't look like it has the original speakers but I guess this would do it!

https://reverb.com/item/3519171-matc...90s-green-gold