• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Matchless RV-1 In Green With Special Pimped Out Chrome Front-- Finally Back!

Pellman73

got this thing in april. it was broken when I got it --sent it to phil jamison---it finally came back today.

its really really cool and sounds great! I"ll post some vids at some point.

rare bird this thing. Took me a year to find one. and from what I understand one of two with the chrome front

beautiful.

http://

Last edited:

Pellman73

Does it splashes us?

I'm not sure but I think so

my ren-ese may be failing me

I've always thought it was like 70% Golem and 30% human

what I DO know is that when you turn it on and the matchless logo lights up thats like, at least 25% of the fun part.

renderit

They have the mostest excellent reverbs verbs erbs rbs bs s I has eber herd! I am sure this one is very special. I lubs me Matchles verbs on my Clubman. I suspect though that this one may weigh more than my wife?

ourmaninthenorth

Glad you finally got it back...

All's well that ends well..well.. well...well....well......well......

:biggrin:

Pellman73

They have the mostest excellent reverbs verbs erbs rbs bs s I has eber herd! I am sure this one is very special. I lubs me Matchles verbs on my Clubman. I suspect though that this one may weigh more than my wife?

I really enjoyed that watery surf font color scheme. one of my favorites!

sorry was away a few days-

Imagining your wife as an attractive petite blond then yes it weighs more than her (how did I handle that one?)

will try to post up a video as I've actually never even found one on the u tube

I might go viral with it!

Pellman73

the matchless rig of doom is finally complete! (although I"m using the matchless 2X12 cab w my friedman small box right now)

http://

fun parts is that if you use the "switchable" outlet on the back of the HC-30 it powers up the Hot Box

The whole combo of Hotbox + RV-1 + HC-30 ..... pretty dang good!

I've got to work on my alternate picking. W that Reverb unit you can get your Dick Dale on for sure.

(not sure what he is using-- this is a simulation!)

btw interesting I noticed he is playing a LEFT HANDED GUITAR STRUNG RIGHTY PLAYED LEFTY. man that almost makes my head explode

DrRobert

Les Paul Forum Member
I think you gotta get a Matchless cab covered in that same minty tolex... The Hotbox is a pretty bright overdrive, do you find that too much into the Matchless head? I love mine into a Fender, it turns it into a completely different beast but haven't tried it into my DC30 or Chieftain.

Anyway, congrats, that's a rare and cool piece!

Pellman73

I think you gotta get a Matchless cab covered in that same minty tolex... The Hotbox is a pretty bright overdrive, do you find that too much into the Matchless head? I love mine into a Fender, it turns it into a completely different beast but haven't tried it into my DC30 or Chieftain.

Anyway, congrats, that's a rare and cool piece!

no I think it sounds great especially just with the clean volume up a little and the gain off (gain on is cool too)

put the two rectifier tubes in a while ago and I think maybe it made the second channel a little muddier than I wanted. I use the AC-30 channel more often

ha yea I looked for one but ended up getting the a 2x12 (you an see it next to it on the left) -- this was before I got the green RV-1. now you are right. I do need the matching cab for the full green matchless set up of doom-- actually I saw a 4x12 on reverb a while back.

here's the one I have--