• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Manufacturing/finish issue on brand new guitar - What should I do?

CuseFan559

That blister top is crazy cool.

I like streaks in rosewood too...but that one looks kinda dry and light in that pic?

The color is very light like tan. I thought fretboards should be more chocolate in color. Must of had a wood shortage in 2004.

TM1

I've seen light Brazilian boards and dark ones and ones with a combo of both. There's no written requirement that says Brazilian or even East Indian RW has to be dark. Braz boards in the `50's- Sixties were all sorts of shades..

Big Al

It amazes me the lengths some people will go to make a flaw out of nothing. Buying a 50's replica and faulting the 50's spec. Buying figured wood and faulting the figure. Buying wood products and faulting natural grain. Buying products with extensive handwork and faulting evidence of handwork.

I've always found it helpful to know what I'm buying but that's just me.

MeHereNow

TS/OP did,nt know what it was for sure, and therefor asked on the forum, hoping for some help...
Some help, but a trend lately is comments/reply with a sarcastic tone or even literally "stop wasting my time" :wah
I came here 2009 to learn more about the guitar i love and thank everyone knowledgeable for helping me and expanding my own knowledge.
I too had "beginner" questions, some things that were long known to the people longer on the forum, but not to me.
Maybe with 1 or 2 exeptions, i always was provided with a clear answer to them.

I don't know everything about guitars.. what i do know i try to pass on to the people who don't.
What i don't know..well..

I don't know!

But why is that a reason for some people here to make sarcastic comments or even act like the person asking a question is nothing short of stupid..?