• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

2016 Traditional Pro IV

1873Engraving

Well I just purchased a 2016 Traditional Pro IV, it’s on its way and should be here soon. I haven’t seen much online regarding this guitar and can’t find many reviews. I was wondering if anyone here has one or has any good/bad reviews on this model. I purchased this guitar based on condition and a very good price so I hope it’s a decent guitar. I also can’t seem to find out if it’s weight relieved or not. Anyway thanks for any feedback.

1all's Pub

I have a 2017 Trad Pro IV in Vintage Sunburst. Guessing your 2016 is identical spec-wise.

Gloss back (unlike some previous Trad Pros which have satin backs). Zebra open-coil 57/Super 57 pickups. Traditional Weight Relief (aka 9-hole Swiss cheese). Short tenon. 60s slim taper neck. Aluminum tailpiece, Nashville bridge. Grover locking tuners with Keystones. Push-push pots with coil splits/taps (not sure which), parallel/series, and boost. No pickguard (and thus no holes). Gold top hats.

cincyguitar

Let us know if u like those pick ups....on my Trad Pro...they sounded harsh...and just awful
so...I had a pair of Sd Pearly Gates installed....problem solved....sounds GREAT now !

1873Engraving

Well the guitar arrived today.... finally, pack mule from New Jersey. I cleaned it and changed the strings.... I gotta say I love it. I’m playing it through a THR10C and the pick ups sound good to me.