• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

1988 Les Paul Custom Lite in Metallic Sunset Gold

ADP

VNpoggu.jpg

I've currently got this guitar listed on reverb.com, but it is a seriously well made, resonant, and light-weight Les Paul and I am on the fence letting it go.

This is a bit of a rare gem. As legend has it, this guitar was custom ordered through a shop in St Charles, IL back in early 1988. I called Gibson to verify the serial number and the EMG's are believed to be original. I was told this color is "Metallic Sunset Gold". It is not labeled as a "Showcase" model, despite being dressed the same. This is essentially the precursor to the limited run of 200 "Showcase Edition" gold-top Custom Lite which came with EMG's from the factory. They were only available in gold. This is a special guitar that plays like a special guitar and it's likely one of a kind.

I was contacted by a guy on Reverb who says he has one with three-pickups (also original EMG's) and he bought it directly from the President of Gibson Japan. He thinks both the two-pickup, and three-pickup were made for Japan. Either way it runs with the best of the best!

l5YPuUk.jpg
cgAv57W.jpg
uPgO2ID.jpg

Any insight or more information I can gather on this guitar I greatly appreciate. I love the Les Paul community and everything you do!

ADP

Here she is during an actual sunset and during the middle of the day. The color is ever changing with the lighting:
LrZ1Ndt.jpg
sLEn4tc.jpg

Strings Jr.

I've currently got this guitar listed on reverb.com, but it is a seriously well made, resonant, and light-weight Les Paul and I am on the fence letting it go.

This is a bit of a rare gem. As legend has it, this guitar was custom ordered through a shop in St Charles, IL back in early 1988. I called Gibson to verify the serial number and the EMG's are believed to be original. I was told this color is "Metallic Sunset Gold". It is not labeled as a "Showcase" model, despite being dressed the same. This is essentially the precursor to the limited run of 200 "Showcase Edition" gold-top Custom Lite which came with EMG's from the factory. They were only available in gold. This is a special guitar that plays like a special guitar and it's likely one of a kind.

I was contacted by a guy on Reverb who says he has one with three-pickups (also original EMG's) and he bought it directly from the President of Gibson Japan. He thinks both the two-pickup, and three-pickup were made for Japan. Either way it runs with the best of the best!

Any insight or more information I can gather on this guitar I greatly appreciate. I love the Les Paul community and everything you do!

I've never seen a LP Lite with 3 pickups. :hmm

ADP

I've never seen a LP Lite with 3 pickups. :hmm
Me either, and when I asked him about it he said it was made specifically for whoever the President of Gibson Japan is. I've since messaged him for a picture of it - but he has yet to respond. I will report back as soon as he does! I would love to see a 3-pickup Les Paul Lite, sounds cool to me.