• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Pick up opinions please

TcRoc

I have a LP Traditional Pro with the BurstBucker 3 Humbucker. I like what I get out of it but I have a Duncan HotRodded Humbucker set which most of you know consists of the JB SH4 along with the SH-2n Neck pickup I am considering installing. Anyone here noodle around with both in there Les Pauls ? Tonal differences much ?
I play mostly Hard Rock .
Thanks in Advance.

thejaf

Just try it and see. I've used those before, and was happy in the application. IMHO, while pickups have their own flavor profile, there are nuances that won't be noticed until they're installed in an individual instrument.

Big Al

Just try it and see. I've used those before, and was happy in the application. IMHO, while pickups have their own flavor profile, there are nuances that won't be noticed until they're installed in an individual instrument.

And there you have it.:salude:hmm:hank

TcRoc

Ended up tossing in the Duncan set As mentioned above.. Digging the JB SH4

Zentar

I have the hot-rodded set on my Studio which I like better than the stock 490/498.

I put the SD Pearly Gates on my 2016 Standard to replace the Bust Buckers. I liked the Peaarlys so I assumed my preference was more PAF style.

TcRoc

I have a 08 Standard inbound , Has the BB pros's,, not sure what I'm gonna do ,, same set up with the Duncan Hot rod or maybe try Aldrich's signature set