• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Recommend someone to reshape Historic neck in NYC area...?

Minibucker

Hi All,

Haven't been around in a while. Getting back into some playing, and would like the neck on my '13 R8 taken down a bit in the shoulders.

Anyone know a good luthier/customizer in the NYC or southern CT area to recommend? Would like to be there t check out the shape as he goes along. Big thanks, and hope everyone has been well.

Analoga1p

Give Chris Ambadjes from the American guitar museum he may be able to do it or give you a reference. 516-488-5000. He is in new Hyde park

frontingbravery

Norio Imai @Imai guitars on 22nd St does work for the biggest names in the biz. He's exceptional.

Sparta

After screwing around with guitars and changing them, I have come to the point where if I want a guitar to change that much, I just sell it and buy one that is right.

garywright

imo there's nothing wrong with getting a neck reshaped on a keeper

1jamman

I did it for 1 guitar , that I had to have and was sweet as can be, except the neck depth and carve .. Best $$$ I've ever spent on a guitar (after buying 1 that is) Playing it when it feels good in hand is ,imo, key .

Can't recommend anyone in NYC , been outta there for many years now . Make it yours , you'll be happy you did .

richie6

I did it for 1 guitar , that I had to have and was sweet as can be, except the neck depth and carve .. Best $$$ I've ever spent on a guitar (after buying 1 that is) Playing it when it feels good in hand is ,imo, key .

Can't recommend anyone in NYC , been outta there for many years now . Make it yours , you'll be happy you did .

I wouldn't recommend anyone in Nyc either . on the scene 20 years. while some may be good at certain things ,I am still to find
a tech in nyc that's good at everything. for this kind of job especially if it's a nice guitar there is only one option for me . HM