The Fender Forum
NEW! LPF Facebook Page
LilyPix
Merchandise & Donations
NEW! Burst Serial Log Home Page
LPF Homesite
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 81 to 120 of 194
  1. #81
    Les Paul Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Kent, UK
    Posts
    215

    Re: UK LPF MEET III _ 20th January 2018.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Brook View Post
    Lol small world .. i work in T Wells!!!
    Well there's a thing Sounds like potential for a meet up/ beer!

  2. #82

    Re: UK LPF MEET III _ 20th January 2018.

    yup defo!

  3. #83
    Les Paul Forum Member tooold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Inadvertently representing the USA in France and the UK
    Posts
    2,042

    Re: UK LPF MEET III _ 20th January 2018.

    You guys would pick the day after my one gig in London... maybe I can haul the ancient carcass up there. And if she won't come, I will.


  4. #84
    Les Paul Forum Member ourmaninthenorth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Blighty.
    Posts
    5,384

    Re: UK LPF MEET III _ 20th January 2018.

    Quote Originally Posted by tooold View Post
    You guys would pick the day after my one gig in London... maybe I can haul the ancient carcass up there. And if she won't come, I will.

    Come on in Myles..the water's bloody freezing...

    Be great to see you again Pal
    Shakespeare walks into a pub, the Landlord says "get out, you're Bard"

  5. #85

    Re: UK LPF MEET III _ 20th January 2018.

    Quote Originally Posted by F-Hole View Post
    First cake, now bud..............we're getting somewhere.
    now we’re rolling.......
    "I`ll name the names in my diatribe
    posthumously posted on my website"

  6. #86
    Les Paul Forum Member woody-89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    853

    Re: UK LPF MEET III _ 20th January 2018.

    Hi chaps!
    Not been on here a lot of late unfortunately, so apologies for being so late to the party! I'm afraid I'm off on tour whilst the next meet's happening, otherwise I'd have obviously loved to have been there.
    Look forward to seeing the photos though!
    Sam

  7. #87
    Les Paul Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Kent, UK
    Posts
    215

    Re: UK LPF MEET III _ 20th January 2018.

    That's a shame, enjoyed the P90 shoot out with you last year!

    Good luck with your tour.

  8. #88
    Les Paul Forum Member ourmaninthenorth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Blighty.
    Posts
    5,384

    Re: UK LPF MEET III _ 20th January 2018.

    Quote Originally Posted by woody-89 View Post
    Hi chaps!
    Not been on here a lot of late unfortunately, so apologies for being so late to the party! I'm afraid I'm off on tour whilst the next meet's happening, otherwise I'd have obviously loved to have been there.
    Look forward to seeing the photos though!
    Sam
    Hey Sam!!

    I've already got you on the team sheet for number 4.... you'll be missed on this one, but it's great to see your band doing so well. Stay cool Mate.

    In the meantime a bit of gratuitous promotion for your outfit....



    Shakespeare walks into a pub, the Landlord says "get out, you're Bard"

  9. #89
    Les Paul Forum Member ourmaninthenorth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Blighty.
    Posts
    5,384

    Re: UK LPF MEET III _ 20th January 2018.

    Quote Originally Posted by miserneil View Post
    Hey up chums! Haven't been here much recently but great to see this is happening again (thanks for the call Paul) unfortunately, and Sod's law, I'm recording my bands debut album that weekend at Rockfield Studio so won't be able to attend (again!).

    Have a great one and best wishes to you all!
    ...and some more gratuitous stuff from one of the stalwarts of the UK Meets...miserneil and his band Stone Mountain Sinners...



    Shakespeare walks into a pub, the Landlord says "get out, you're Bard"

  10. #90
    Les Paul Forum Member marshall gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    manchester, england
    Posts
    36

    Re: UK LPF MEET III - 20th January 2018.

    How goes it my good man.
    Long time since I've wrote anything, but I regularly come an have a nosey.
    Glad you're organising another meet.
    If there are still places I'm we'll up for it.
    Nobody has ever overdosed on donuts and coffee, but we can try.
    Let me know.
    Cheers.
    Marshall.

  11. #91
    Les Paul Forum Member ourmaninthenorth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Blighty.
    Posts
    5,384

    Re: UK LPF MEET III - 20th January 2018.

    Quote Originally Posted by marshall gill View Post
    How goes it my good man.
    Long time since I've wrote anything, but I regularly come an have a nosey.
    Glad you're organising another meet.
    If there are still places I'm we'll up for it.
    Nobody has ever overdosed on donuts and coffee, but we can try.
    Let me know.
    Cheers.
    Marshall.
    Sound as a pound Marshall. How's yourself?

    Team sheet. Name. On.

    Bring some of your new CD's for prizes? I loves prizes...

    See you in January mate.

    ...And to keep the shameless self promotion of Forum brother's bands going, here's Marshall and his BlackBalled outfit...

    Shakespeare walks into a pub, the Landlord says "get out, you're Bard"

  12. #92
    Les Paul Forum Member ourmaninthenorth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Blighty.
    Posts
    5,384

    Re: UK LPF MEET III _ 20th January 2018.

    We're at our numbers for this meet, so the list is now CLOSED.

    We'll get a confirmed list up shortly.

    Thanks everyone. Watch this space.

    Shakespeare walks into a pub, the Landlord says "get out, you're Bard"

  13. #93
    Les Paul Forum Member Reno_1ted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Lancashire, England
    Posts
    616

    Re: UK LPF MEET III _ 20th January 2018.

    Quote Originally Posted by ourmaninthenorth View Post
    Hey Sam!!

    I've already got you on the team sheet for number 4.... you'll be missed on this one, but it's great to see your band doing so well. Stay cool Mate.

    In the meantime a bit of gratuitous promotion for your outfit....



    Sam! This is boss mate. Right up my street.
    56/59 LP Standard (Conversion)
    68 Les Paul Standard (conversion)
    69 Les Paul Standard
    94 LP Standard
    73 SG Standard
    91 Explorer

  14. #94
    Les Paul Forum Member woody-89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    853

    Re: UK LPF MEET III _ 20th January 2018.

    Cheers matey! Really gutted to be missing the meet this time though - was particularly looking forward to seeing whichever fine specimens you were going to bring along! Til the next one though.

  15. #95

    Re: UK LPF MEET III _ 20th January 2018.

    After many months of the LPF timing out and being unreachable via my ISP, I'm able to access the forum again. No idea what's changed...

    Quote Originally Posted by F-Hole View Post
    ....as opposed to an improper one?

    I think I've got something you'll be interested in Stu.....vintage bits and pieces for pedals.
    Improper conversations can be very entertaining. I presume the venue isn't designated as a safe space?

    You have my interest re the vintage bits...

  16. #96

    Re: UK LPF MEET III _ 20th January 2018.

    My band have a gig locally the night before. I’ll be on my 4th brew, cleaning sweat off my guitars when you all turn up. If anyone is in town the day before feel free to come and check us out.

    https://www.facebook.com/events/304878493356483??ti=ia
    "I`ll name the names in my diatribe
    posthumously posted on my website"

  17. #97
    Les Paul Forum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,779

    Re: UK LPF MEET III _ 20th January 2018.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stu View Post
    You have my interest re the vintage bits...
    I'll PM you.
    The artist formerly known as "A-hole".



  18. #98
    Les Paul Forum Member ourmaninthenorth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Blighty.
    Posts
    5,384

    Re: UK LPF MEET III _ 20th January 2018.

    Here's the confirmed list for the meet Lads.

    The only thing you need to bring is yourself and your gear. Everything else is found - lunch, endless hot and cold drinks, free parking, loads of give-away prizes..and We mean loads. As draw master, I can confirm that there is one prize I'm going to enjoy winning, very very much...ahem...

    For those unfamiliar with the site, I'll post specific loading in instructions a bit nearer the time...for those familiar with my directional instructions you'll know that could mean you could end up any bloody where....

    Safe travels, We'll see you all there.


    LPFUKEM III – Saturday 20th January 2018.

    1. Richard Henry.
    2. 2002standardmat .
    3. Madformac.
    4. Rob Livesey.
    5. Stu.
    6. Springhead.
    7. Steve62.
    8. Groover.
    9. John Nicholls.
    10. ak_ .
    11. Jon Brook.
    12. Tweety.
    13. Marshall Gill.
    14. Rainer.
    15. Reno_1ted.
    16. Tooold .
    17. Ourmaninthenorth.
    18. Jumping@shadows.
    19. Dan Whitelock-Jones.
    20. Simon Campbell.
    21. Rick Lucas.
    22. Elliot Rowson .
    23. Stow.

    Last edited by ourmaninthenorth; 12-27-17 at 12:38 PM.
    Shakespeare walks into a pub, the Landlord says "get out, you're Bard"

  19. #99
    Les Paul Forum Member 2002standardmat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    A leafy suburb of Mancunia
    Posts
    1,091

    Re: UK LPF MEET III _ 20th January 2018.

    Thanks for that Paul.

    I’ll go and see Mr. Catering tomorrow and put the next phase of the grand plan into place.

    I have knocked up the IDs using the design brief I was provided so it’s on to the ‘knick knacks’ next....

    Which reminds me, where are those Tiwglets....
    2004 Darkburst R9
    2004 51 Relic Nocaster
    2004 SJ200
    2010 Danelectro DC59m
    2008 Dan Armstrong Ampeg ADA6
    2013 Squier VM Bass VI
    2011 SG Junior 60's
    2009 Classic 50's Strat
    2012 BC Rich Mockingbird ST
    1993 MIJ 60’s Strat
    2013 Orange Micro Terror & 2 PPC108 Cabs
    2005 Cornford Carrera w Celestion G12M
    2009 Marshall Class 5 Mk 1
    1996 Washburn South Side Jr VGA 15
    1988 Marshall 5205 Reverb 12
    1990 Marshall 5501 Bass 12
    1987 Marshall 3505 Micro Bass Head
    2015 Fender Blues Junior III

  20. #100
    Les Paul Forum Member ourmaninthenorth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Blighty.
    Posts
    5,384

    Re: UK LPF MEET III _ 20th January 2018.

    Plan?

    Was there a memo?

    Designer briefs?.... I'll have to speak to wardrobe....


    Shakespeare walks into a pub, the Landlord says "get out, you're Bard"

  21. #101

    Re: UK LPF MEET III _ 20th January 2018.

    I confirm that myself and Jules have purchased train tickets and will be venturing north to sunny Stockport
    Looking forward to meeting you all.
    Not up to the standards of others on here but I was minded to crudely record something in anticipation of the meet
    Enjoy or not Lol
    R9-Pro Junior-Looper-Samsung voice recorder
    https://soundcloud.com/user-891307883/steves-blues

  22. #102
    Les Paul Forum Member ourmaninthenorth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Blighty.
    Posts
    5,384

    Re: UK LPF MEET III _ 20th January 2018.

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve62 View Post
    I confirm that myself and Jules have purchased train tickets and will be venturing north to sunny Stockport
    Looking forward to meeting you all.
    Not up to the standards of others on here but I was minded to crudely record something in anticipation of the meet
    Enjoy or not Lol
    R9-Pro Junior-Looper-Samsung voice recorder
    https://soundcloud.com/user-891307883/steves-blues

    Don't you be bringing any of that lovely soulful playing up here ya wrong un....

    Same sketch as before Steve, someone (Mat) will pick you both up at the station.

    See you in a couple of weeks, safe journey Mates.
    Shakespeare walks into a pub, the Landlord says "get out, you're Bard"

  23. #103
    Les Paul Forum Member 2002standardmat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    A leafy suburb of Mancunia
    Posts
    1,091

    Re: UK LPF MEET III _ 20th January 2018.

    Quote Originally Posted by ourmaninthenorth View Post
    Don't you be bringing any of that lovely soulful playing up here ya wrong un....

    Same sketch as before Steve, someone (Mat) will pick you both up at the station.

    See you in a couple of weeks, safe journey Mates.
    Aye, happy to do pickups from Stockport station for anyone coming by rail.

    Traffic should be a shadow of its former, horrendous, self and no pit stops necessary this time - all equals more playing time.

    I'll PM my number to anyone who needs it and then just shoot me a message when you are there or nearby, the venue is only a few minutes away.

    And if you play your cards right, we might even do you a 'pack up' for the train home.

    2004 Darkburst R9
    2004 51 Relic Nocaster
    2004 SJ200
    2010 Danelectro DC59m
    2008 Dan Armstrong Ampeg ADA6
    2013 Squier VM Bass VI
    2011 SG Junior 60's
    2009 Classic 50's Strat
    2012 BC Rich Mockingbird ST
    1993 MIJ 60’s Strat
    2013 Orange Micro Terror & 2 PPC108 Cabs
    2005 Cornford Carrera w Celestion G12M
    2009 Marshall Class 5 Mk 1
    1996 Washburn South Side Jr VGA 15
    1988 Marshall 5205 Reverb 12
    1990 Marshall 5501 Bass 12
    1987 Marshall 3505 Micro Bass Head
    2015 Fender Blues Junior III

  24. #104
    Les Paul Forum Member ourmaninthenorth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Blighty.
    Posts
    5,384

    Re: UK LPF MEET III _ 20th January 2018.

    Quote Originally Posted by 2002standardmat View Post
    Aye, happy to do pickups from Stockport station for anyone coming by rail.

    Traffic should be a shadow of its former, horrendous, self and no pit stops necessary this time - all equals more playing time.

    I'll PM my number to anyone who needs it and then just shoot me a message when you are there or nearby, the venue is only a few minutes away.

    And if you play your cards right, we might even do you a 'pack up' for the train home.

    Just e-mailed you bud, with news from the front...
    Shakespeare walks into a pub, the Landlord says "get out, you're Bard"

  25. #105

    Re: UK LPF MEET III _ 20th January 2018.

    Quote Originally Posted by 2002standardmat View Post
    Aye, happy to do pickups from Stockport station for anyone coming by rail.

    Traffic should be a shadow of its former, horrendous, self and no pit stops necessary this time - all equals more playing time.

    I'll PM my number to anyone who needs it and then just shoot me a message when you are there or nearby, the venue is only a few minutes away.

    And if you play your cards right, we might even do you a 'pack up' for the train home.

    Hi Mat, we will gladly accept your offer of a lift from the station, drop me a PM with your number, if I recall correctly and trains run to time we should be landing at Stockport at 11.55

    Steve

  26. #106

    Re: UK LPF MEET III _ 20th January 2018.

    Quote Originally Posted by ourmaninthenorth View Post
    Don't you be bringing any of that lovely soulful playing up here ya wrong un....

    Same sketch as before Steve, someone (Mat) will pick you both up at the station.

    See you in a couple of weeks, safe journey Mates.
    Why thank you, but you really must get your hearing seen to

    See you there

    Steve

  27. #107
    Les Paul Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Kent, UK
    Posts
    215

    Re: UK LPF MEET III _ 20th January 2018.

    I don't know that I've ever had a pack-up. I'm genuinely excited!

    See you all soon, thanks for the lift offer Mat, that'll be perfect.


    Jules

  28. #108

    Re: UK LPF MEET III _ 20th January 2018.

    I can guarantee i will be the "crappiest" player there ..not played "live" for years ..last time was at the "Bowling Green" in Stockport if any of you locals remember it ...

  29. #109
    Les Paul Forum Member ourmaninthenorth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Blighty.
    Posts
    5,384

    Re: UK LPF MEET III _ 20th January 2018.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Brook View Post
    I can guarantee i will be the "crappiest" player there ..not played "live" for years ..last time was at the "Bowling Green" in Stockport if any of you locals remember it ...
    Jon, it'll take you all of 5 minutes to realise that doesn't matter a jot...I'm not even the best guitar player in our house..and I'm the only guitar player in our house.

    Shakespeare walks into a pub, the Landlord says "get out, you're Bard"

  30. #110
    Les Paul Forum Co-Owner Tom Wittrock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Lost in the Ozarks [again]
    Posts
    40,633

    Re: UK LPF MEET III _ 20th January 2018.

    So this must be the function you wanted the 3000 Guineas for.
    Will you barbecue them?
    Pauls to the walls!

    Hüter der Flammen!

    PLEASE SUPPORT www.burstserial.com !!
    Click here: www.burstserial.com

  31. #111
    Les Paul Forum Member ourmaninthenorth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Blighty.
    Posts
    5,384

    Re: UK LPF MEET III _ 20th January 2018.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Wittrock View Post
    So this must be the function you wanted the 3000 Guineas for.
    Will you barbecue them?
    Shakespeare walks into a pub, the Landlord says "get out, you're Bard"

  32. #112
    Les Paul Forum Member 2002standardmat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    A leafy suburb of Mancunia
    Posts
    1,091

    Re: UK LPF MEET III _ 20th January 2018.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Brook View Post
    I can guarantee i will be the "crappiest" player there ..not played "live" for years ..last time was at the "Bowling Green" in Stockport if any of you locals remember it ...
    Which Bowling Green, Jon? There were a few which are sadly all gone now.

    I got back on the ‘live’ horse last year after a 20+ year break, it was a right laugh! After the nerves went....

    Dont worry about your playing, there is no Grand Jury.
    2004 Darkburst R9
    2004 51 Relic Nocaster
    2004 SJ200
    2010 Danelectro DC59m
    2008 Dan Armstrong Ampeg ADA6
    2013 Squier VM Bass VI
    2011 SG Junior 60's
    2009 Classic 50's Strat
    2012 BC Rich Mockingbird ST
    1993 MIJ 60’s Strat
    2013 Orange Micro Terror & 2 PPC108 Cabs
    2005 Cornford Carrera w Celestion G12M
    2009 Marshall Class 5 Mk 1
    1996 Washburn South Side Jr VGA 15
    1988 Marshall 5205 Reverb 12
    1990 Marshall 5501 Bass 12
    1987 Marshall 3505 Micro Bass Head
    2015 Fender Blues Junior III

  33. #113
    Les Paul Forum Member ourmaninthenorth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Blighty.
    Posts
    5,384

    Re: UK LPF MEET III _ 20th January 2018.

    For those of you who haven't been to Pear Mill before - you can load in as follows....


    When you arrive on site, drive around the back and there's a large carpark on the back left hand side of the building.

    Access to to the service lift is to the immediate right of the Pear Mill Cycle shop on the back side of the building.

    Take the the lift to the 6th floor and please remember to close the lift doors after yourself.


    Doors will be open at 12 noon, kettle will be on 12.01. Mat, Richard and I will be tuning the doughnuts up by 12.15.

    Safe journey everyone, see you all on the 20th







    Shakespeare walks into a pub, the Landlord says "get out, you're Bard"

  34. #114
    Les Paul Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Kent, UK
    Posts
    215

    Re: UK LPF MEET III _ 20th January 2018.

    All sounds like a top plan Paul. How about a contribution for catering and other costs? I'm happy to chip in for the tea, doughnuts, Bovril, jars of Shipmans meat paste etc.

  35. #115
    Les Paul Forum Member ourmaninthenorth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Blighty.
    Posts
    5,384

    Re: UK LPF MEET III _ 20th January 2018.

    Quote Originally Posted by springhead View Post
    All sounds like a top plan Paul. How about a contribution for catering and other costs? I'm happy to chip in for the tea, doughnuts, Bovril, jars of Shipmans meat paste etc.
    A typically gracious offer Jules, but this is on Us.

    And a right old pleasure it is too...
    Shakespeare walks into a pub, the Landlord says "get out, you're Bard"

  36. #116
    Forum Moderator T.Allen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    2,284

    Re: UK LPF MEET III _ 20th January 2018.

    Quote Originally Posted by springhead View Post
    All sounds like a top plan Paul. How about a contribution for catering and other costs? I'm happy to chip in for the tea, doughnuts, Bovril, jars of Shipmans meat paste etc.
    What in the hell do you lads consume over there?!

  37. #117
    Les Paul Forum Member tooold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Inadvertently representing the USA in France and the UK
    Posts
    2,042

    Re: UK LPF MEET III _ 20th January 2018.

    Quote Originally Posted by T.Allen View Post
    What in the hell do you lads consume over there?!
    It's shocking, that's all I can say.

  38. #118
    Les Paul Forum Member Reno_1ted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Lancashire, England
    Posts
    616

    Re: UK LPF MEET III _ 20th January 2018.

    Quote Originally Posted by ourmaninthenorth View Post
    For those of you who haven't been to Pear Mill before - you can load in as follows....


    When you arrive on site, drive around the back and there's a large carpark on the back left hand side of the building.

    Access to to the service lift is to the immediate right of the Pear Mill Cycle shop on the back side of the building.

    Take the the lift to the 6th floor and please remember to close the lift doors after yourself.


    Doors will be open at 12 noon, kettle will be on 12.01. Mat, Richard and I will be tuning the doughnuts up by 12.15.

    Safe journey everyone, see you all on the 20th







    You forgot the part where the lift button doesn’t work and you lose your shit with the lift slamming the metal grating as if force will trigger the sensor better, before eventually going up 6 flights of stairs with two guitars only to see the next person who got in the lift had a magic touch and strolls out at the top right in front of you.

    See you Saturday lads - can’t wait!
    56/59 LP Standard (Conversion)
    68 Les Paul Standard (conversion)
    69 Les Paul Standard
    94 LP Standard
    73 SG Standard
    91 Explorer

  39. #119
    Les Paul Forum Member ourmaninthenorth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Blighty.
    Posts
    5,384

    Re: UK LPF MEET III _ 20th January 2018.

    Quote Originally Posted by Reno_1ted View Post
    You forgot the part where the lift button doesn’t work and you lose your shit with the lift slamming the metal grating as if force will trigger the sensor better, before eventually going up 6 flights of stairs with two guitars only to see the next person who got in the lift had a magic touch and strolls out at the top right in front of you.

    See you Saturday lads - can’t wait!
    That's the initiation ceremony Alex...you don't get in unless you're out of breath...
    Shakespeare walks into a pub, the Landlord says "get out, you're Bard"

  40. #120
    Les Paul Forum Member ourmaninthenorth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Blighty.
    Posts
    5,384

    Re: UK LPF MEET III _ 20th January 2018.

    Quote Originally Posted by T.Allen View Post
    What in the hell do you lads consume over there?!
    Haute cuisine Tom. Most of it tastes like shit...but it's filling...

    My very favourite English food is a Chicken Jalfrezi with pilau rice and a naan bread....
    Shakespeare walks into a pub, the Landlord says "get out, you're Bard"

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Scroll Down And Click On All Of Our Sponsors' Logos For Their Websites!