• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

UK LPF MEET III _ 20th January 2018.

ourmaninthenorth

UK LPF MEET III - 20th January 2018.

The Les Paul Forum UK & European Meet III - hitherto known as LPFUKEM III

The next convening of the feckless will take place on :-

Saturday 20th January 2018. 12 o'clock kick off.

Venue:

Pear Studios
Unit G2
Pear Mill industrial Estate
Stockport Road West
Bredbury
Stockport
Cheshire
SK6 2BP

3 professional rehearsal rooms at our sole disposal, plenty of free parking. Tea, Coffee, soft drinks and the odd biscuit or two. Piss taking to olympic standard mandatory.

All completely free of charge.

Look forward to seeing you all there.

Here's a link to the last one....

https://www.lespaulforum.com/forum/...-Saturday-14th-May-2016&highlight=uk+lpf+meet

Any questions or problems PM either Me, Mat (2002standardmat) or Richard.

May the farce be with you....:biggrin:

Last edited:

springhead

I'll do my best to attend Paul, thoroughly enjoyed myself last time - almost too much fun for one day!

Good on you for arranging, I appreciate the work that went into the last one.

ourmaninthenorth

I'll do my best to attend Paul, thoroughly enjoyed myself last time - almost too much fun for one day!

Good on you for arranging, I appreciate the work that went into the last one.

Cheers Jules. Feedback like this make it feel far from work, more like privilege. :salude

Last edited:

2002standardmat

Seriously looking forward to meting old and new faces alike - just what we need to keep us smiling when it is wet, cold and dark outside (which could pretty much be any time of the year or day around here).

If word gets out of our organisational skills we’ll be put in charge of negotiating that Brexit thingy......

Its amazing how eveytime I hear that word, I fancy a Kit Kat......

Makes a change from donuts then!!!!!!

ourmaninthenorth

Seriously looking forward to meting old and new faces alike - just what we need to keep us smiling when it is wet, cold and dark outside (which could pretty much be any time of the year or day around here).

If word gets out of our organisational skills we’ll be put in charge of negotiating that Brexit thingy......

If news gets out of our organisational skills mate, I reckon that's exactly what it'd be....news...primarily to Us ...:laugh2::laugh2:

madformac

Goes without saying I'll be there to bother you all.. :dude:

Count me in.

It's been a while since the last meet so we will have to throw the biscuits out Mat, they will be soft by now.. January is too late for the Mince Pies Richard loves so much :spabout

Yorkshire Tea is still mandatory, Coffee for the culturally challenged as well.

Might be the odd Gibson or two in there..

Anybody got access to flat beer and jellied eels to tempt Marlow up this time?

Last edited:

madformac

For those tempted or wondering what they are missing, here's a little video I recorded of the first meet up. Gibson's galore, a few drums and Paul on the Jazz Pipe :salude

ourmaninthenorth

2002standardmat

Goes without saying I'll be there to bother you all.. :dude:

Count me in.

It's been a while since the last meet so we will have to throw the biscuits out Mat, they will be soft by now.. January is too late for the Mince Pies Richard loves so much :spabout

Yorkshire Tea is still mandatory, Coffee for the culturally challenged as well.

Might be the odd Gibson or two in there..

Anybody got access to flat beer and jellied eels to tempt Marlow up this time?

I’m sure we can muster up some overpriced pisswasser at ‘petrol station prices’ to tempt the cast of East Enders up. :)

We’ll put together the usual middle-aged bloke hospitality, chew the fat, have some laughs and all get temporary threshold shift - a perfect day in my book.

Looking forward to catching up with everyone and you never know, I might bring us some nice LPF cakes to go with the brews....

On a serious note I’ve got a few curios I can throw into the mix on the day, which never disappoints when everyone puts their gear into the mix - to anyone who has never been before, its even better than some guitar shows and most shops, a veritible feast for the eyes and ears.

And who can forget the chance to win THAT dvd in the grand raffle......... I’m sure that case was not the original one, did someone swap it out???????

Last edited:

madformac

I hope so...after all, who'll win the bloody raffle...again ?

:ha

Take it I'm on raffle detail again? I'll see what I can muster up.

Yes that 35th Anniversary TS808 Tube Screamer Richard won (cough) is worth a few quid these days. It's worth the admission price of nothing to have the chance to win something shiny just for turning up. :salude

And I wonder how Keith got on with his winning Dunlop Hendrix Wah paired with his acoustic guitars from last years meet? Haha

2002standardmat

Take it I'm on raffle detail again? I'll see what I can muster up.

Yes that 35th Anniversary TS808 Tube Screamer Richard won (cough) is worth a few quid these days. It's worth the admission price of nothing to have the chance to win something shiny just for turning up. :salude

And I wonder how Keith got on with his winning Dunlop Hendrix Wah paired with his acoustic guitars from last years meet? Haha

I reckon the raffle is an essential part of the fun on the day (and a mandatory photo opportunity for those 2) but I’ll see what I can muster up as well, can’t leave all that to you Justin. I’ll PM you.