• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

UK LPF MEET III _ 20th January 2018.

sws1

Sounds like fun. Wish we had something similar over here. Of course, on average, it would be a 3hr flight for everyone.

F-Hole

Sounds like fun. Wish we had something similar over here. Of course, on average, it would be a 3hr flight for everyone.

It would take me three hours driving to get to the Artic Circle where these guys live.

ourmaninthenorth

It would take me three hours driving to get to the Artic Circle where these guys live.

With my sense of direction, it takes me 3 hours of driving to get there too...and I live 20 minutes away...

I can't find me arse with both hands.

2002standardmat

Right then troops, I’ve got the catering covered - both savoury and sweet. Once I know final figures I can get everything together. I’ll try and cover all dietary bases (the previously alluded to savoury and sweet) but if anone has any special requirements then please let me know.

I can also sort the soft drinks for the day.

If someone else takes care of the tea and coffee we are golden!!

ourmaninthenorth

Right then troops, I’ve got the catering covered - both savoury and sweet. Once I know final figures I can get everything together. I’ll try and cover all dietary bases (the previously alluded to savoury and sweet) but if anone has any special requirements then please let me know.

Then we're golden Mat..I'll sort that out. A thousand Yorkshire Gold, half a hundred weight of coffee and sugar, and 3 gallon of Acker Bilk...that'll keep us going for a couple of hours...job's a good un.

Nice work on the nosh ( ooeerrrr missus ) side...

:biggrin:

Jon Brook

i have only got a Vintage v100PGM . (although it will have decent caps, pots and wired as per greeny soon ) is it ok to come along?

Jon

ourmaninthenorth

i have only got a Vintage v100PGM . (although it will have decent caps, pots and wired as per greeny soon ) is it ok to come along?

Jon

Jon, it'd be great to see you.

Never mind the "only" bit...if you bring your guitar, you're already in the spirit of the thing...everyone to a man will thank you for that.

:salude

Jon Brook

Cheers Dude.. i live down south but am from Sale originally ..will combine with a trip back ... you know all the Stockport musos? Jon Brett etc?

ourmaninthenorth

Cheers Dude.. i live down south but am from Sale originally ..will combine with a trip back ... you know all the Stockport musos? Jon Brett etc?

I'm Salford Jon...don't even know where Stockport is...:laugh2:

Rich and Matt and a few of the other lads will know 'em though...

Jon Brook

Thanks for you reply mate to my question about the meet .. i have been a member for while but held back posting as i dont have a "proper"
LP..

renderit

A full selection of boiled meats?

Stu

That's very generous of him. So is Stu coming along? Some years back I was buying various models of Stu's inductors to mod wah pedals for friends. Would be nice to meet him.

I think we met last time, but if I'd realised at the time we could have had a proper conversation. 🙂

springhead

Ah yes, we did meet - didn't realise that was you, if you see what I mean! You had some nice kit there.

I should be there for this one, looking forward to having a proper chat.

Jules

F-Hole

......we could have had a proper conversation. ��

....as opposed to an improper one?

I think I've got something you'll be interested in Stu.....vintage bits and pieces for pedals.

El Gringo

For those tempted or wondering what they are missing, here's a little video I recorded of the first meet up. Gibson's galore, a few drums and Paul on the Jazz Pipe :salude

Thank you for posting , that was really nice .

2002standardmat

Spoke to the caterers yesterday, they can exceed my expectations so we are good there.

More (or less depending upon your priorities) importantly I’ve been thorough my gear and picked out what I can throw into the mix, nothing mega bucks but a couple of curios to add.

All the other usual bits & bobs will be sorted in due course, I have my plans....

Same as last time, if anyone is coming by train I can help with lifts to and from between there and the studio.