• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Dot Rainbow

F-Hole

It's been a big week here, lots going on!

When I got a call on the new dot, it took all of a minute to get the deal done. It's vibrant "watermelon" cherry red, Q2 '59 FON, very early '60 serial per the factory ledger. It's a good neck shape for me, exactly the same as the black 59 dot (Moses). It's a text book dot in all respects. PU's are double white in the bridge, zebra in the neck. I believe there's one other known '59 stoptail in "cherry", and 22 from '60. This guitar came from the family of the original owner in North Carolina. Thanks to Charlie Gelber for TCB on this one, it was probably the easiest guitar deal ever done. I really like the way this one plays. Apologies for the poor photo and fingerprints all over the guitars......they're getting played. It's a lot cleaner in person than it looks here.

Clips to follow, there's some studio fun booked this weekend.

Last edited:

renderit

Wow! Look at those! What an fantastic shot! I must have died and gone to heaven. You are one lucky dude, dude! To FIND all of those much less be able to corral them is a Herculean task. Never mind the fact of the wherewithal involved, but that ain't luck. You are an awesomely gifted fellow!

P.S. Looks like the case fits like a turd though!?

Jumping@Shadows

That is a pic for the ages! Doubtful three finer 335’s exist, and unimaginable they could ever meet :salude Extra points for the Cali girl in the back ground too..

MapleFlame

Amazing guitar and score. The Black one gives me goosebumps, but all 3 together probably Cant write that. Congratulations!

VGNut

THE Trifecta !
Great Winnings !!
It could never have happened anywhere else !!!

Barenik

Woooow!
what a beuties!!
the newest one it's awesome-
congratulation!

Pellman73

dang man you have some seriously badass guitars.

the blister top on the blonde is to DIE for. oh my god. I might like that even better than that gold top you got earlier in the year. no wait. I do.

I did the poor man's version earlier this year. (warren haynes reissue and rusty anderson reissue) I guess I need a black one to complete my poor man's version if your real rainbow

Anje

That looks fantastic John congrats, what a trio :salude

J.D.

Ha!

Good to see you posting again, Tom. I had a hunch this thread might grab your attention :jim