• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

1968 ES-335 factory stoptail + P90s

fakejake

Wow, now thats a rare bird....
I like it! :salude

https://shop.guitarpoint.de/de/vintage-gibson-/1968-gibson-es-335-custom-cherry-factory-stoptail-p-90

Gibson68ES335CstCH954675_9.jpg

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
I've seen the photo of the routs [probably on their website with many more photos]. It looks original.
What a rare bird! :dude:

reddeluxe

Looks like an ES 330 with the "long neck" (started manufacturing them around '66 as a cost cutting measure.....no sense, in Gibson's thinking to have to have a different and separate process to glue on the necks in a different manner for a 330 VS a 335) that has had a stop tail added, and vintage style tuners added. The tell is no crown inlay on the peghead veneer. Also, look closely at the stoptail location....looks to be just slightly too far away from the bridge than the typical factory 335 location. Can't be certain from photos, but in person you could surely tell if the body was completely hollow (ES 330) or had the center interior block. I owned the same vintage ES 330 guitar that was identical to this one, except for the added stoptail and tuners. Mine was a typical completely hollow ES 330, while this one appears to be a 335 solid center block body, with a 330 neck attached, then completed with p-90 pickups.

Last edited: