• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

1961 Gibson SG TV Yellow Junior

frazettafan

It *should* be, but I was talking more about the sentiment behind his post because that's seriously a cool guitar and it would be just fine even if the trc read batman.

Haha, you got that right!

How's the guitar working out Devilbat, now you've had it a while?

latestarter

Man I love this guitar....every time I read this thread those photo's pop out and grab me.

DEVILBAT

Man I love this guitar....every time I read this thread those photo's pop out and grab me.

Im really diiging it and I️ seem to recall seeing another tv yellow vintage sg with the same Les Paul truss rod cover.

latestarter

Im really diiging it and I️ seem to recall seeing another tv yellow vintage sg with the same Les Paul truss rod cover.

It is entirely plausible and possible this is how they came...it just adds to the coolness in my view.

DEVILBAT, can you give us a serial range please, if you're OK with that...first three digits? Thanks

Arch D. Bunker

This one perhaps - it likely had a factory reneck, in view of the lack of finish on the tenon and the serial # and knobs...with credit due to the seller, who changed the Ebay description after I had emailed him about my misgivings...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VERY-RARE...pt=Guitar&hash=item1e6e03e445#ht_62178wt_1348

BTW: uebercool Jr! Always had a fascination for these.

DEVILBAT

Last edited:

garywright

DB ..I believe he posted that link to show another that's similar to yours including the LP truss rod cover ..he mentioned the reneck referring to the same guitar not yours

Last edited:

DEVILBAT

It's all good. I love the guitar. These photos really show the true TV yellow of the guitar.

The dirt under the guard was there for years....I bought the guitar out of Florida.
Serial number is 21856

1Yi5tBC.jpg

9uicjhx.jpg

fiT5kI6.jpg

ywfDZhn.jpg

9jvXc4C.jpg

garywright

Looks fine too me ! ..you're right, that color looks downright edible .

DEVILBAT

Looks fine too me ! ..you're right, that color looks downright edible .

So, after cleaning up the guitar a bit....it had years of dirt and slime on it....I changed the truss rod cover to a vintage 1961 Les Paul TRC. (I also did the same thing on my 1960 'burst...I like those TRCs!). I also found a set of correct black vintage 1961 reflector knobs. I think they also look cool.
I kept the original tuners because, even tho they are funky, they work great. The guitar stays in tune so I see no need to replace them.
Thanks for looking!
Serial number pic
iFStq1t.jpg

M5lWXpq.jpg

RSVG&A

Hey Richie...Leave some cool guitars for the rest of us will ya ?!? :dude:

Congrats on another killer one Amigo :3zone

garywright

DB ...how hot is that p90 and have you tweaked it to where the low pole heights sound the best rather than cranked up high ?

DEVILBAT

Hey Richie...Leave some cool guitars for the rest of us will ya ?!? :dude:

Congrats on another killer one Amigo :3zone

ha! This was entirely by luck and happenstance. I was just scrolling Reverb and this popped up at a super low price so I hit “buy” and had it a couple of days later. No issues. I am thrilled.