• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Anybody ever see this old Bloomfield video with his Burst?

CPM55

crud, can't get it to copy
Yutube the folowng:

Butterfield Bloomfield 2nd show @ Fenway Theatre-1971

Tarcisioo

I haven't seen that one, but saw the first concert, wich is this one. Unfortunately, that wasn't the most inspired performance from Bloomfield

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ps3x-_JdIeg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tarcisioo

The video OP is referring

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jTWP70FU-ew" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

58burst

My band opened for electric flag many times, his playing in these videos is tame by comparison...

Redhod

I'd never seen this before so I was astonished. A little reunion with Butterfield in 1971? I wasn't aware of it (although I just read Ed Ward's bio of Bloomfield a few months ago.
I have to agree with @58Burst, though. The one night I saw Electric Flag in '68, the intensity of Bloomfield's playing far exceeded any recording of him with that band.

Damn, but I wish his live self at his peak was filmed properly.

fernieite

Thanks for posting the videos. :)

Man, even though as you say it's not MB's best performance, it's still pretty damn good. You guys are lucky to have seen him at the top of his game. Great player!

Btw, too bad there weren't stage tuner pedals back then. It must have been nerve wracking to tune to a piano when there's an audience waiting. No pressure!