• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Greg Koch rockin' his refinished 54 Les Paul...tonal nirvana!

CDaughtry

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner and Moderator
Many of you will recall that I posted a thread a few weeks back about Greg Koch's refinned 54 Les Paul that was a sibling to mine.

Well anyway...fast forward to today. About two hours ago, I asked Greg if he'd record his Paul for us, and low and behold....look what showed up in my inbox.

Greg is an incredibly nice guy, and an unbelievably good guitar player. This thing has tone for days....enjoy!!!

Neck pickup:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zfbTQRKvRFE?ecver=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bridge pickup:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/biObwiyhkBE?ecver=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TM1

Really nice guy too! I met him at the GC in Hollyweird around 2008 where he was demoing something(Fender I think) and then ran into him in Frankfurt Musikmesse in 2009 and he remembered me. everytime I've run into him has been really nice (& funny) moments.

thin sissy

Great stuff! I hope we get to see and hear this guitar a lot in the future.

BTW, you gotta love that pig squeel at around 00:18 in the second clip :laugh2:

El Gringo

Thank you CD , Greg Koch is one of my favorite six slinger .Damn listen to his tone from those P-90 .Scorching hot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ourmaninthenorth

Nice one Lads.

What an extraordinary player Greg is.

The neck pickup is the one for me.

Thanks again. :salude

Big Al

He is such an awsome muisican and a witty mohambee to boot! I would have loved to have met him. Probably piss my pants from amazement or laughter!

I love red Les Pauls and this shows yet again why I find Fender amplifiers such a good match.

XPO29

Hey are those the original frets? What serial number does he have?
Thanks