• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

2017 Traditional headstock makeover

Robinottawa

I thought I would mod the headstock of my new traditional to give it more of a vintage vibe. In a previous post I had included pics of the headstock that I had tinted to give the inlay more of an aged appearance, but I just never liked the the "Les Paul Model" script. The word "Model" was not in the same font as the old ones and the positioning was really low as well. I figured since the 2017 model came with some vintage style appointments (nylon nut, ABR bridge, pointers, nickel HW, etc.) I would try to make the headstock fit the vibe. I know that the older models had the script sikscreened, but in this case I used a decal. It involved removing all of the existing finish from the headstock face and refinishing it with a more proper looking script, vintage style bushings, historic TRC, and a aged tint. I'm pretty happy with the look. I made a little concession with the positioning as the modern headstock is a different shape... I know that guitar is in no way vintage correct- I just think it looks better this way.

Rob
Uy3R8VSl.jpg

bobalu

Wow, very nice. I wish mine looked like that. Gibson should take note. I always wondered in frustration why they mixed all the different shades of inlay, binding, pickguard and headstock inlay on their guitars.