• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

New MGL20 Amp Release

markguitar

Les Paul Forum Member
I'm excited to announce the release of the new MGL AmpWorks MGL20 head! The basic circuit of the amp is much the same as the MGL50, which is a clone of my original 50w 2204 master volume head. But with a custom low voltage mains transformer and a pair of 6V6 power tubes. So a killer master volume Marshall tone that's about 22 watts. Like the MGL50, the lower voltage makes the amp very smooth and sweet but still has plenty of Marshall like attitude! The main focus for the amp*was that it had to sound great at low "at home" volumes, but also would do fine at lower volume band gigs and rehearsals. And it does all of that and then some!! Amp is available in 2 head cab sizes, 26"(standard 50 small box) and a small 20" to fit on top of the smaller 1-12" speaker cabs without hanging over the sides. I'm also working on a 1-12" combo with Jeff from Swanson Cabinets that will be available. Just like the MGL50, this amp is all point to point hand wired and built by Guy Harvey. As with the MGL50, all high quality parts are used. SoZo tone caps, CTS pots, custom USA made transfomers, in-house made turret boards, mil spec teflon wire, NOS Chinese Military grade 12AX7 preamp tubes & matched JJ 6V6's, .090" aluminum chassis w/ welded & ground corners, black powder coat and screened with metallic gold ink. The head in either size cab is $1,700.00 with the Metropoulos "Zero Loss" effects loop as an option for $180.00. Heads are available to order as of now and wait time will only be about 1 week. Custom tolex colors are also available depending on what Swanson has in stock. Email or call for more info or to order.

1.jpg

CDaughtry

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner and Moderator
I've played this amp and it is AMAZING!!!:dude: