• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Custom Korina Firebird

JJ Blair

Really cool build! Any other pics of the neck joint? Is it a deep set neck?

None that I have, other than this first one. Not sure how much it tells you. It's a wide tenon. He calls it a modified Explorer tenon, and told me it's like a single cut Jr. tenon.

Ohl8g2g.png

HqN7NNi.png

fNkSfeU.png

moXGS3s.png

CaB8sMp.png

JsimxBN.png

3WcsTut.png

renderit

Well. That REALLY turned out butt-ugly! Send it to me so you don't have to look at it. I'll "take the Korina" for you. I know. Selfless...

JJ Blair

Boy, do I love this guitar. It has exactly the sound I was envisioning, which is pretty similar to my friend's V. It just screams.

My only complaints are that the neck is a little on the chunky side, and the corners of the body are not radiuses like a Gibson would be. It's a little sharp, and the way your fore arm rests on a bird, it might get uncomfortable during a long set. I might remedy both of these. I need to see if I can match the lacquer color no problem, if I do some reshaping.

Here's a little sound clip I post on Instagram, for those of you that want to hear it.

[video]https://www.instagram.com/p/Bazir9PlpIw/?taken-by=j.j.blair[/video]

ourmaninthenorth

There's certainly gas in that car.

....that turned out very well.

Nicely JJ.

Last edited:

Nobi

cool guitar.

stumbled over this video of Troy Van Leeuwen of QOTSA, is he playing your guitar ?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XKYR3fwfu9A" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

StSpider

Wow it really is. You can tell by the streaks by the control knobs.

Keefoman

I love Firebirds, and this one is probably the coolest I've ever seen! The 5-ply black guard is absolutely right, although I would lose the pokerchip. Now you just need to order one more with FB-pickups! :hank

becks bolero

oh hell yeah, that is really nice!!

I have a Korina firebird loaded with P90's, can attest that they do indeed sound great :dude:

congrats!