• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

1978 The Paul

chasenblues

Images must be uploaded to and hosted by a site(Imgur.com) is the one i use.

When the image is uploaded click on and copy the "the direct link" URL.

5QtZhsm.jpg

Open the message box and click on the "Insert image" tab.

dolS1IQ.jpg

The insert image box will open,Right click and paste the copied url/address into the "URL" address bar...Click "OK"

hRVolTn.jpg

The image tag/address should be visible in the post text.

fN3Qb65.jpg

You can/should then "Preview post" to make sure the image is there-appearing, Or just hit "Submit Reply"

ZdD67crm.jpg

Ianashdown

Thank you for your detailed explanation. These are exactly the steps I followed, I even used the same image hosting site as you, but the image address would never appear in the posting window.

Ill try one more time but I've spent way too much time on this . . . .

Ian

chasenblues

but the image address would never appear in the posting window.

Ill try one more time but I've spent way too much time on this . . . .

Ian

:hmm

I wonder if there may be a minimum "post count"(Number of posts needed) before the forum settings/software will allow new members to post images.

You may want to ask a mod/admin if that's the case/issue.

Azmedian

Well, I have a slight dilemma!

The Grover tuners arrived and they are modern tuners not the pre '83 part I thought they were. šŸ™ I've looked everywhere and can only find the correct pre-'83 tuners in Nickel, and used. They look fine but I really want to have all the hardware in chrome.

So the question is should I go with the correct tuners in Nickel or the modern ones (10mm Vs 3/8") in chrome? The modern parts require drill out the headstock a little to make them fit, but otherwise would seem to be very close to the older, original, parts. I'll be able to compare parts side by side in a few days.

Any thoughts?

Ian
SoCal

Have you current ones re-plated, There are still ters out there