• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Ed King's '60 Standard.

viking LP

Very nice one & great tone :hank! I wouldn't mind a thin neck if it sounds that good...:salude

sws1

An older video of same guitar, just before Ed bought it (I think).

ourmaninthenorth

An older video of same guitar, just before Ed bought it (I think).

Love the way this fella plays.

The guitar sounds fantastic through both amps, but the Princeton edges it for me.

Cool post Scott. :salude

Jmb

IMG_2411.jpg[SUP]IMG_2412.jpg[/SUP]IMG_2413.jpg
(I Hope these three pics come through)...I've always loved and kept up with Ed King's 1960 Burst since the first time I ever saw it......and of course it sounds superb.... and Ed's tone is absolutely wonderful while playing it.....but the main reason is ...I've always thought it was truly a "Kissing Cousin" to my 1960 Burst...0 7167....shown in these three photos....they really do favor each other in many ways....and I would venture to say the same cat was at the helm in the spray booth back in Kalamazoo on them both.... Rock on Ed!!!...
:dude:

DEVILBAT

Killer axe. My burst is 2 numbers away from Ed's... mine is 0-7442. Such a difference in top figure/flame. Mine has mild flame while Ed's 0-7444 has a beautiful top. Amazing difference in wood but paint is similar. The 0-7440 series are some great sounding, looking and playing bursts.

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
Killer axe. My burst is 2 numbers away from Ed's... mine is 0-7442. Such a difference in top figure/flame. Mine has mild flame while Ed's 0-7444 has a beautiful top. Amazing difference in wood but paint is similar. The 0-7440 series are some great sounding, looking and playing bursts.

I couldn't agree more. My first and favorite is 0-7448. :ganz

Highway Star

View attachment 6344[SUP]View attachment 6345[/SUP]View attachment 6346
(I Hope these three pics come through)...I've always loved and kept up with Ed King's 1960 Burst since the first time I ever saw it......and of course it sounds superb.... and Ed's tone is absolutely wonderful while playing it.....but the main reason is ...I've always thought it was truly a "Kissing Cousin" to my 1960 Burst...0 7167....shown in these three photos....they really do favor each other in many ways....and I would venture to say the same cat was at the helm in the spray booth back in Kalamazoo on them both.... Rock on Ed!!!...
:dude:

God damn, that got to be one of the most amazing bursts I ever seen. Painfully beautiful :##:##

Wally

Tom, perhaps it is not the guitar that knows the player but rather the listeners. (;^) I know that is the case when I am holding a guitar.