• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Any other salt water fly fishermen junkies out there

AA00475Bassman

Yd9UPWF.jpg
[/IMG]Last Feb my trout trip to Iceland was canceled at the last minute so shifting gears on was the sea of Cortez !
No not for Marlin on the fly or Spanish Mackerel although we boated a ton of Mackerel !
The ghost the loner ,Rooster fish in my 40 years of salt water fishing this has been my dream fish The Rooster fish .
Fished hard I mean real hard on the 12th day I had my fish on & boated my many thanks to my wife Susan who helped this dream happen and yes she is my best fishing partner . The hardest I've ever worked for a fish ! One other thing you don't have to dress like a fool or a clown to take a Rooster fish !

Last edited:

Triburst

I haven't tried salt water fly fishing, but it's on my bucket list along with Tarpon for sure. I have a hard time imagining catching a large tarpon on a fly rod! :yah

I agree. I've scuba-dived and been in schools with tarpon nearly 6 feet long.

It would be like hooking the Red October.

VooodoooBoy

Yd9UPWF.jpg
[/IMG]Last Feb my trout trip to Iceland was canceled at the last minute so shifting gears on was the sea of Cortez !
No not for Marlin on the fly or Spanish Mackerel although we boated a ton of Mackerel !
The ghost the loner ,Rooster fish in my 40 years of salt water fishing this has been my dream fish The Rooster fish .
Fished hard I mean real hard on the 12th day I had my fish on & boated my many thanks to my wife Susan who helped this dream happen and yes she is my best fishing partner . The hardest I've ever worked for a fish ! One other thing you don't have to dress like a fool or a clown to take a Rooster fish !

Wow! That's a kind of monstrosity :D I envy you. By the way, what is the best dress for marine fishing? I'm an amateur fisher and I want to buy myself an ocean fishing kayak for this purpose. I don't have enough money for my own ship right now and I'm not quite sure I really need it. I already found a kayak and now I want to buy a set of clothes which will be good enough for my fishing. I think, it needs to be something waterproof, right? Because it's logical.

Best ocean fishing kayaks: http://www.seafishinghowto.com/fishing/articles/best-fishing-kayak-under-500-how-to-pick-one.html

Last edited:

F-Hole

I agree. I've scuba-dived and been in schools with tarpon nearly 6 feet long.

It would be like hooking the Red October.

Try marlin or sailfish on fly.......it's fun, but casting with a broomstick requires some practice.

:salude

AA00475Bassman

I leave for the wild waters South African coast the 3rd of April lots of fishing report back then . Ice should be out on my lake end of April !

F-Hole

I hate your stinkin' guts!

Because.

I'm not you.

Catchem' up!

Come down to Oz, I'll put you onto some cool fish.............was chasing yellowfin tuna busting-up this morning on the boat, 500 yards from the house.

Texas Blues

Come down to Oz, I'll put you onto some cool fish.............was chasing yellowfin tuna busting-up this morning on the boat, 500 yards from the house.

And now I REALLY hate you!

Rods and reels are ready.

Flies and leaders tied.

My body is ready.

Sadly.

The rest of life gets is in the way right now.

But it won't be forever.

The world would be a better place.

If we were all fish bums.

stillaliveandwel

I'm a retired part time offshore charter fishing captain from Miami Florida. How do I post a picture saved on my desktop?

Last edited:

Munoz478

I tied up a whole bunch of wacky Salmon/Steelhead flies on a whim and just free formed it. Some are more traditional and some are rather psychedelic as the bright showy types seem to piss the Salmon off and entice very aggressive strikes! They don't work as well on the Trout with the exception of a Royal Coachman streamer that seems to drive the steelies and Rainbows crazy! Mostly it is egg patterns and nymphs in the winter, some quite small, for the big Browns.

Last edited:

F-Hole

This self-isolation stuff is good.........I've now planned a trip to the Cook Islands and New Caledonia, chasing big Trevally and bones.

Now for the "weather" to clear.

Texas Blues

This self-isolation stuff is good.........I've now planned a trip to the Cook Islands and New Caledonia, chasing big Trevally and bones.

Now for the "weather" to clear.

Here in Georgetown TX.

Scheeit so crazy.

I can't even go out.

For Tenkara bluegills.

You for GT's and bones.

I hate you too!