The Fender Forum
NEW! LPF Facebook Page
NEW! LPF Instagram Page
Merchandise & Donations
NEW! Burst Serial Log Home Page
LPF Homesite
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 42
  1. #1
    Les Paul Forum Member Pellman73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Pinehurst, NC
    Posts
    1,684

    Any other salt water fly fishermen junkies out there

    getting ready to chase some bonefish next week.

    wondered how many other people out there are also addicted to fly fishing as well as guitars like me


  2. #2
    Les Paul Forum Member AA00475Bassman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Some place between bad wood & good wood
    Posts
    2,157

    Re: Any other salt water fly fishermen junkies out there

    yep ! my Sage #7 & my Billy Pate bonefish !
    Ive never confused owning a bunch of high end gear with being some kind of a guitar player I'm a hack and I love guitars !

    He thinks the mirror is a photo of a clown ?

    The Myth: Neat wiring layouts always equate to great-sounding amps.

  3. #3
    Les Paul Forum Member Big Al's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Lake Ontario shore
    Posts
    13,306

    Re: Any other salt water fly fishermen junkies out there

    No saltwater up here. I haven't been able to fish much due to all the back yo back surgeries I've had that seem to happen at peak fishing Fall season. However this year no surgery and I've had the pleasure to hook up with some nice King Salmon which are running right now. I finally was able to hook and land a 20+ lb King on my 3 weight with an alb tippet. Something I have been trying to due for years. It took about 40 minutes and I was stumbling along the stream bank up and down trying to keep up with that monster. Though I have caught many larger Kings this was the most memorable catch of my life and I felt like a fishing god once I landed and released that beast!.

    I caught him on a streamer of my own design, however I am not able to the much at all anymore due to my vision and nerve damage in my hands. Not to mention the rather useless left arm! I have always wanted to try saltwater Fly Fishing and Bonefish and Tarpon are the stuff of dreams that I plan to tackle in my next life. If all goes well I will have a great Fall/Winter/Spring season as up hear the King and then Coho's run, Kings first then later Coho's from now to December.

    The big Brown Trout, (averaging about 8lbs, but I've caught many up to 16lbs), run in late fall and overwinter in the larger streams. As long as they don't freeze up the Brown trout provide KILLER nymph fly fishing all winter long. Theses are big grumpy trout and it is my favorite time for fishing the belligerent bastards. Then come Feb. the Steelhead start showing up followed by the Rainbows of spring. Steelhead fishing is the stuff of dreams and i am right in the middle of some of the best big trout flyfishing water there is.

    I've been waiting over three years to be able to do this and plan on a great winter as long as we don't get an arctic Express freeze over. Even then the shore of Lake Ontario offers great fishing and only ices up in the worsts of winters.

    Nothing like the sun and shorts weather you guys have but I really love it.

    I hope you have hook ups so often your arms cramp and get spooled to the backing a few times with epic runs!!! I'll be there in spirit.
    The older I get, the better I was.

  4. #4
    Les Paul Forum Member Pellman73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Pinehurst, NC
    Posts
    1,684

    Re: Any other salt water fly fishermen junkies out there

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    No saltwater up here. I haven't been able to fish much due to all the back yo back surgeries I've had that seem to happen at peak fishing Fall season. However this year no surgery and I've had the pleasure to hook up with some nice King Salmon which are running right now. I finally was able to hook and land a 20+ lb King on my 3 weight with an alb tippet. Something I have been trying to due for years. It took about 40 minutes and I was stumbling along the stream bank up and down trying to keep up with that monster. Though I have caught many larger Kings this was the most memorable catch of my life and I felt like a fishing god once I landed and released that beast!.

    I caught him on a streamer of my own design, however I am not able to the much at all anymore due to my vision and nerve damage in my hands. Not to mention the rather useless left arm! I have always wanted to try saltwater Fly Fishing and Bonefish and Tarpon are the stuff of dreams that I plan to tackle in my next life. If all goes well I will have a great Fall/Winter/Spring season as up hear the King and then Coho's run, Kings first then later Coho's from now to December.

    The big Brown Trout, (averaging about 8lbs, but I've caught many up to 16lbs), run in late fall and overwinter in the larger streams. As long as they don't freeze up the Brown trout provide KILLER nymph fly fishing all winter long. Theses are big grumpy trout and it is my favorite time for fishing the belligerent bastards. Then come Feb. the Steelhead start showing up followed by the Rainbows of spring. Steelhead fishing is the stuff of dreams and i am right in the middle of some of the best big trout flyfishing water there is.

    I've been waiting over three years to be able to do this and plan on a great winter as long as we don't get an arctic Express freeze over. Even then the shore of Lake Ontario offers great fishing and only ices up in the worsts of winters.

    Nothing like the sun and shorts weather you guys have but I really love it.

    I hope you have hook ups so often your arms cramp and get spooled to the backing a few times with epic runs!!! I'll be there in spirit.
    Al-- love that you are a fly fisherman! I think there's some similarities perhaps with guitars in that there are so many rabbit holes (gear rabbit holes, technique rabbit holes, different fish are like different guitars I guess??!) endless things to be passionate about.

    20 lb salmon on a 3 wt? that's nuts. I would have liked to have seen that. that thing must have been bent like a noodle

    yea the Salt thing is very addicting. i've been at the salt thing a couple years now. when I was in Virginia in early aughts I fished a ton for little native brook trout (so fun. they slam dries and are soo amazing to look at) I've caught some bonefish and a snook. This summer I went three times to try and catch a Tarpon (and Hooked one of the silver kings and it jumped out of the water about 6 feet up and spat the fly. thrilling) but I still haven't landed one yet.

    Headed to abaco this wednesday for some more bonefish with the back plan of maybe trying catch a permit if there are any available. The permit----- its the 59 les paul of fish I guess you could say!

    I've been learning to tie this year and I've gone crazy making different shrimp patterns. I"m gonna do some crabs this weekend.

    does your Streamer have a name? Big Al's Salmon Slayer or something?

  5. #5
    Les Paul Forum Member J T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    9,805

    Re: Any other salt water fly fishermen junkies out there

    Didn't know salt water fish went for that type of bait.

    Casting for snappers is the closest I got to something like that.
    The farther you go, the closer you are.

  6. #6
    Les Paul Forum Member AA00475Bassman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Some place between bad wood & good wood
    Posts
    2,157

    Re: Any other salt water fly fishermen junkies out there

    Tailing Reds are my favorite salt water fish ! Since we moved on a fresh water Island i really have all the game out my door , just was putting away fly rods today soon we will have ice .
    Ive never confused owning a bunch of high end gear with being some kind of a guitar player I'm a hack and I love guitars !

    He thinks the mirror is a photo of a clown ?

    The Myth: Neat wiring layouts always equate to great-sounding amps.

  7. #7
    Les Paul Forum Member Big Al's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Lake Ontario shore
    Posts
    13,306

    Re: Any other salt water fly fishermen junkies out there

    For big fish, big flies work great. The larger streamers are worked much like a lure with fast, jerking retrieve that mimics a prey item. The nymph relation would be the shrimp and crab flies I've seen.

    Pelhelm 73, I have hooked up with many Kings on the 3wt but have never been able to land them. They are on for awhile and I run out of backing and have to break them off, or more commonly the leap up and spit the fly right back at me if they haven't broken the tippet.
    I have been trying this for years and it was a challenge I set for myself. I am very proud that I was able to finally do it. I spend most of the summer using the 3wt on local stream trout and panfish and I love that thing. I have a variety of outfits. I have a custom 6wt with a STH reel with lever drag for steelhead and for most Salmon and big Bass/Pike I use my Loomis 8wt which is my biggest outfit.

    I wade and just envelope myself into the environment. The sense of being one with nature and the artistry inherent in fly fishing really appeals to me. I use teflon braided leaders to sink my fly rather than the dreaded split shot, (which I just hate. It is ugly to cast and I think defeats the the natural presentation of the fly.), and have extra spools rigged up with floating type leaders and braided teflon leaders so I can fish on or near surface or below.

    The streamer I used has no name. I tied up a whole bunch of wacky Salmon/Steelhead flies on a whim and just free formed it. Some are more traditional and some are rather psychedelic as the bright showy types seem to piss the Salmon off and entice very aggressive strikes! They don't work as well on the Trout with the exception of a Royal Coachman streamer that seems to drive the steelies and Rainbows crazy! Mostly it is egg patterns and nymphs in the winter, some quite small, for the big Browns.

    Everyone should try Fly Fishing IMO. It feeds the soul.

    Oh, yeah. I am a raging fool for native Brookies and the 3wt was a result of that mania. I drive all over the state to fish streams with good populations of Brookies and though small and less difficult to catch compared to the bigger trout, everything you said rings true. They are so beautiful. I also sit on some Blue Ribbon Streams and Rivers with world class Rainbow and Brown fishing. I often encounter out of state fishermen from as far away as Japan and South Africa!!! I have given so many flies away to them!!!!

    It is a sacrament. It feeds the soul. My wife calls it "going to church!'. She is right.
    The older I get, the better I was.

  8. #8
    Les Paul Forum Member Pellman73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Pinehurst, NC
    Posts
    1,684

    Re: Any other salt water fly fishermen junkies out there

    I was lucky to be down in the Keys back in July and the guide took this shot from his platform on the flats skiff.

    I think this qualifies as church for me too


  9. #9
    Les Paul Forum Member Pellman73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Pinehurst, NC
    Posts
    1,684

    Re: Any other salt water fly fishermen junkies out there

    Quote Originally Posted by J T View Post
    Didn't know salt water fish went for that type of bait.

    Casting for snappers is the closest I got to something like that.
    shrimp and crab patterns

    I am just learning how to tie but I've done these guys in the last few months

    mostly they are supposed to look like shrimp and mantis shrimp



    today I tried tying some crabs

    the body is made from scotch brite! I didn't have the right stuff for the legs or the claws but here are the first two crude results


  10. #10
    Les Paul Forum Member AA00475Bassman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Some place between bad wood & good wood
    Posts
    2,157

    Re: Any other salt water fly fishermen junkies out there

    Looks like a long day of polling !
    Ive never confused owning a bunch of high end gear with being some kind of a guitar player I'm a hack and I love guitars !

    He thinks the mirror is a photo of a clown ?

    The Myth: Neat wiring layouts always equate to great-sounding amps.

  11. #11
    Les Paul Forum Member renderit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    9,383

    Re: Any other salt water fly fishermen junkies out there

    I love tying fly's! Very calming to me. Course I do it for the mountain run variety of bull sharks and gators so the ancillary gear be different...


  12. #12
    Les Paul Forum Member J T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    9,805

    Re: Any other salt water fly fishermen junkies out there

    Quote Originally Posted by Pellman73 View Post
    shrimp and crab patterns

    I am just learning how to tie but I've done these guys in the last few months

    mostly they are supposed to look like shrimp and mantis shrimp

    today I tried tying some crabs

    the body is made from scotch brite! I didn't have the right stuff for the legs or the claws but here are the first two crude results
    Cool!

    So you just use a standard freshwater fly pole and line?
    The farther you go, the closer you are.

  13. #13
    Les Paul Forum Member J T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    9,805

    Re: Any other salt water fly fishermen junkies out there

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    ...
    Everyone should try Fly Fishing IMO. It feeds the soul.
    ...

    Hmmm.

    Yes I've got to try it. But, it's October, so the window for this year is closing. I guess now I will have a few months to get geared up.
    The farther you go, the closer you are.

  14. #14

    Re: Any other salt water fly fishermen junkies out there

    I haven't tried salt water fly fishing, but it's on my bucket list along with Tarpon for sure. I have a hard time imagining catching a large tarpon on a fly rod!

  15. #15
    Les Paul Forum Member Pellman73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Pinehurst, NC
    Posts
    1,684

    Re: Any other salt water fly fishermen junkies out there

    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBoogie View Post
    I haven't tried salt water fly fishing, but it's on my bucket list along with Tarpon for sure. I have a hard time imagining catching a large tarpon on a fly rod!
    Check out the show called “Silver kings” on YouTube

  16. #16
    Les Paul Forum Member Pellman73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Pinehurst, NC
    Posts
    1,684

    Re: Any other salt water fly fishermen junkies out there

    Quote Originally Posted by J T View Post
    Cool!

    So you just use a standard freshwater fly pole and line?
    No- the adage for salt vs freshwater is for freshwater you put your money in the rod and for salt it’s in the reel. The reels for salt need to be really well made and have good sealed drag systems to help catch the fish and also be able to handle having salt water on/around them.

    Salt water fly fishing is almost a different sport... much harder. Harder more technial casting, thenfront of a boat, often in wind. Very humbling. You are fishing — seeing the fish and then trying To cast to it.... whereas trout fishing is often more fishing the water patterns where you know they will be hanging out.

    usually for trout or freshwater stuff you want 3-6wt rods and for salt it’s more like 8-12wt rods

    It’s a good among of money to get some good gear but once you have it then it should be good for life.

    like guitars!

  17. #17
    Les Paul Forum Member J T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    9,805

    Re: Any other salt water fly fishermen junkies out there

    Yeah salt water turns stuff to crap real quick. You have to wash everything down at the end of the day.

    This sounds like a real challenge. A real sport that requires some skills.
    The farther you go, the closer you are.

  18. #18
    Les Paul Forum Member AA00475Bassman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Some place between bad wood & good wood
    Posts
    2,157

    Re: Any other salt water fly fishermen junkies out there

    Just rinse your reel off good to go my Billy Pate is 20 some years old the reel works like new still today .
    Ive never confused owning a bunch of high end gear with being some kind of a guitar player I'm a hack and I love guitars !

    He thinks the mirror is a photo of a clown ?

    The Myth: Neat wiring layouts always equate to great-sounding amps.

  19. #19
    Les Paul Forum Member AA00475Bassman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Some place between bad wood & good wood
    Posts
    2,157

    Re: Any other salt water fly fishermen junkies out there

    Pellmans description of casting is spot on for salt water on the fly ! The one thing about success is getting on fish in these massive flats . As one who has spent many hours polling a light tackle flats boat moving & holding the boat is a sport and challenge on its own ! So many things must come together when sight fishing with a fly !
    Ive never confused owning a bunch of high end gear with being some kind of a guitar player I'm a hack and I love guitars !

    He thinks the mirror is a photo of a clown ?

    The Myth: Neat wiring layouts always equate to great-sounding amps.

  20. #20
    Les Paul Forum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,936

    Re: Any other salt water fly fishermen junkies out there

    I've been saltwater flyfishing for 20 years, although not so much now as I used to. There was a period when I was going to Alphonse Island two or three times a year to chase bonies and Milkfish. Milkfish are like bonefish on steroids, a ridiculous fish. Spent a lot of time at the top end of Australia chasing big Trevally and Queenfish too.

    Here's a Milkfish on the flats, on a fly. These things will jump 20 feet into the air when hooked, then head for deeper water at a speed that would embarrass a Bonefish. Check out its tail.

    Last edited by F-Hole; 10-11-17 at 03:34 PM.
    The artist formerly known as "A-hole".



  21. #21
    Les Paul Forum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,936

    Re: Any other salt water fly fishermen junkies out there

    Quote Originally Posted by AA00475Bassman View Post
    So many things must come together when sight fishing with a fly !
    Unless you go to the Seychelles, where you'll be bored with bonefish after the first couple of hours. At the turn of the tide, they're plague like.
    The artist formerly known as "A-hole".



  22. #22
    Les Paul Forum Member J T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    9,805

    Re: Any other salt water fly fishermen junkies out there

    Awesome fish you're holding!


    What are you covering from, sun or bugs?
    The farther you go, the closer you are.

  23. #23
    Les Paul Forum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,936

    Re: Any other salt water fly fishermen junkies out there

    Quote Originally Posted by J T View Post
    What are you covering from, sun or bugs?
    Sun, it's brutal with the reflection off the water. Very few bugs in the Seychelles.
    The artist formerly known as "A-hole".



  24. #24
    Les Paul Forum Member J T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    9,805

    Re: Any other salt water fly fishermen junkies out there

    Yes! I know exactly what you mean. Sun reflection is as bad as direct sun. Polarized sunglasses are a must as well.
    The farther you go, the closer you are.

  25. #25
    Les Paul Forum Member Pellman73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Pinehurst, NC
    Posts
    1,684

    Re: Any other salt water fly fishermen junkies out there

    Quote Originally Posted by F-Hole View Post
    I've been saltwater flyfishing for 20 years, although not so much now as I used to. There was a period when I was going to Alphonse Island two or three times a year to chase bonies and Milkfish. Milkfish are like bonefish on steroids, a ridiculous fish. Spent a lot of time at the top end of Australia chasing big Trevally and Queenfish too.

    Here's a Milkfish on the flats, on a fly. These things will jump 20 feet into the air when hooked, then head for deeper water at a speed that would embarrass a Bonefish. Check out its tail.

    the pic is down I think but I got to see it. Very cool. I had never heard of a milk fish before that pic. I was actually down in Abaco last week chasing bones and permit. There was a fella there named Bob (and there were only 4 of us there so that was interesting) who actually had been to Alphonse Island. Said it was quite a hike to get there (probably not as bad for you). Said it was an amazing place and you definitely did not want to show up unprepared without the right gear and definitely NOT NEW WADING BOOTS! sounds like you spend a good amount of time on foot. I really enjoy stalking fish by foot I"ve learned more and more.

    I've now been at the salt thing a few years and I"m now to the point where I"m interested in permit, tarpon, and big bones--- last year just catching a bonefish was a big thrill. I've realized that I really don't want to share a boat w anyone. Watching someone flub up what looks like a sure thing permit shot had me dying 1000 deaths inside. If anyone is going to mess up the shot I want it to be me!

    I did catch fish on 4 different flies that I had tied which was cool as last time I was just using ones I bought from the outfitter.

    Great sport (small world too I am learning!). I just need more money and more time to do it!

  26. #26
    Les Paul Forum Member AA00475Bassman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Some place between bad wood & good wood
    Posts
    2,157

    Re: Any other salt water fly fishermen junkies out there

    Going soon for two weeks of Rooster & Amber Jack fishing , as always this will freestyle no guide . We will be fishing The Sea of Cortez hunting the surf for Rooster fish day time . Evenings will be spent hunting predators crashing bait fish . These Roosters will test my 40+ years of surf fishing with a 7 weight rod .
    Ive never confused owning a bunch of high end gear with being some kind of a guitar player I'm a hack and I love guitars !

    He thinks the mirror is a photo of a clown ?

    The Myth: Neat wiring layouts always equate to great-sounding amps.

  27. #27
    Les Paul Forum Member Pellman73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Pinehurst, NC
    Posts
    1,684

    Re: Any other salt water fly fishermen junkies out there

    Quote Originally Posted by AA00475Bassman View Post
    Going soon for two weeks of Rooster & Amber Jack fishing , as always this will freestyle no guide . We will be fishing The Sea of Cortez hunting the surf for Rooster fish day time . Evenings will be spent hunting predators crashing bait fish . These Roosters will test my 40+ years of surf fishing with a 7 weight rod .
    Good luck!

    post pics

  28. #28
    Les Paul Forum Member AA00475Bassman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Some place between bad wood & good wood
    Posts
    2,157

    Re: Any other salt water fly fishermen junkies out there

    I will thanks Pellman!
    Ive never confused owning a bunch of high end gear with being some kind of a guitar player I'm a hack and I love guitars !

    He thinks the mirror is a photo of a clown ?

    The Myth: Neat wiring layouts always equate to great-sounding amps.

  29. #29
    Les Paul Forum Member Pellman73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Pinehurst, NC
    Posts
    1,684

    Re: Any other salt water fly fishermen junkies out there

    F-Hole John get a load of this. Caught first permit last week-- Tied the fly-- EP spawning shrimp. out of body experience. caught a second on second cast (caught in am, drank all day in boat while the other guy fished) the next day. same fly! Guanaja Honduras. I'm on the board!


  30. #30
    Les Paul Forum Member AA00475Bassman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Some place between bad wood & good wood
    Posts
    2,157

    Re: Any other salt water fly fishermen junkies out there

    Killer fish great job Peter , I will try to post my photos tonight !
    Ive never confused owning a bunch of high end gear with being some kind of a guitar player I'm a hack and I love guitars !

    He thinks the mirror is a photo of a clown ?

    The Myth: Neat wiring layouts always equate to great-sounding amps.

  31. #31
    Les Paul Forum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,936

    Re: Any other salt water fly fishermen junkies out there

    Quote Originally Posted by Pellman73 View Post
    F-Hole John get a load of this......
    Really good effort. Permit are a pain in the ass to catch even when they're feeding. I've done trips chasing only them, and gone three days without a fish.

    Congratulations, one for the photo album!

    The artist formerly known as "A-hole".



  32. #32
    Les Paul Forum Member Texas Blues's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Republic of Texas
    Posts
    4,372

    Re: Any other salt water fly fishermen junkies out there

    Last year I spent 4 days of a 6 day trip on this flat.

    I caught only one bone on a 9wt Sage.




    I'll be back there the 2nd week in May for 7 days.

    Why?

    Because.

    I'll be knee to hip deep in the ocean.

    In Hawaii.

    Attempting to traumatize little fishes for sport.

    With 2 manapua in my backpack.

    And an asspocket of whiskey.

    I don't believe in a bucket list.

    Lists are for grocery shopping.

  33. #33
    Les Paul Forum Member Pellman73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Pinehurst, NC
    Posts
    1,684

    Re: Any other salt water fly fishermen junkies out there

    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Blues View Post
    Last year I spent 4 days of a 6 day trip on this flat.

    I caught only one bone on a 9wt Sage.




    I'll be back there the 2nd week in May for 7 days.

    Why?

    Because.

    I'll be knee to hip deep in the ocean.

    In Hawaii.

    Attempting to traumatize little fishes for sport.

    With 2 manapua in my backpack.

    And an asspocket of whiskey.

    I don't believe in a bucket list.

    Lists are for grocery shopping.

    I like your style man.

  34. #34
    Les Paul Forum Member Pellman73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Pinehurst, NC
    Posts
    1,684

    Re: Any other salt water fly fishermen junkies out there

    you know I tried to get a golf thing going to get people to come to pinehurst but maybe we need to get a les paul forum saltwater fly fisherman's trip going

  35. #35
    Les Paul Forum Member Texas Blues's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Republic of Texas
    Posts
    4,372

    Re: Any other salt water fly fishermen junkies out there

    Quote Originally Posted by Pellman73 View Post
    you know I tried to get a golf thing going to get people to come to pinehurst but maybe we need to get a les paul forum saltwater fly fisherman's trip going
    Its cheaper to buy Les Pauls than to go on fishing trips.

    Believe me I know.

    I was the fucking guide.

  36. #36
    Les Paul Forum Member AA00475Bassman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Some place between bad wood & good wood
    Posts
    2,157

    Re: Any other salt water fly fishermen junkies out there

    Leaving today for a week of fishing Yellowstone area !
    Ive never confused owning a bunch of high end gear with being some kind of a guitar player I'm a hack and I love guitars !

    He thinks the mirror is a photo of a clown ?

    The Myth: Neat wiring layouts always equate to great-sounding amps.

  37. #37
    Les Paul Forum Member renderit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    9,383

    Re: Any other salt water fly fishermen junkies out there

    Did that last year and the year before. Go down to the Snake side. Avoid the areas too close to the tourist busses...


  38. #38
    Les Paul Forum Member AA00475Bassman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Some place between bad wood & good wood
    Posts
    2,157

    Re: Any other salt water fly fishermen junkies out there

    Thank's Ren !
    Ive never confused owning a bunch of high end gear with being some kind of a guitar player I'm a hack and I love guitars !

    He thinks the mirror is a photo of a clown ?

    The Myth: Neat wiring layouts always equate to great-sounding amps.

  39. #39
    Les Paul Forum Member AA00475Bassman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Some place between bad wood & good wood
    Posts
    2,157

    Re: Any other salt water fly fishermen junkies out there

    Quote Originally Posted by renderit View Post
    Did that last year and the year before. Go down to the Snake side. Avoid the areas too close to the tourist busses...
    We fished Box Canyon to the ranch yesterday lots of fish , Back to the Madison we have a cabin on the Madison and really have had some great fishing .
    Ive never confused owning a bunch of high end gear with being some kind of a guitar player I'm a hack and I love guitars !

    He thinks the mirror is a photo of a clown ?

    The Myth: Neat wiring layouts always equate to great-sounding amps.

  40. #40
    Les Paul Forum Member renderit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    9,383

    Re: Any other salt water fly fishermen junkies out there

    Excellent and noted for my next trip. The Northeast side is the most commonly fished and IMO too crowded/maybe overfished. I have never done as well there. Many years ago we killed in the lake. Got limits within 1/2 hour. Now the Lake Trout have killed off so much the fishing is not so good unless you hit a guide boat. Hit the Madison a few years ago and it was pretty busy at the time hence my suggestion for points South.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Scroll Down And Click On All Of Our Sponsors' Logos For Their Websites!






i