• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Removing Tronical for standard tuners

WankerGanker

Hello Everyone,

I bought a Les Paul Standard (left-handed) back in 2007. I recently replaced (about 2 years ago) the original tuners with a tronical auto tuning system as I thought it would be useful. While the device works great, I find it takes away the "feel" of the guitar that I had originally with the stock tuners. The problem is that in order to install it, I had to remove the bushings that were installed for the original tuning mechanisms. My question is can I purchase bushings and reinstall them myself? If so, what size would I need and where would I acquire them? Alternatively, could I put these grover tuners on without needing to install bushings that were required for the original tuners? They look identical to the previous ones I had (which I think are probably Klusons). https://www.long-mcquade.com/14297/Guitars/Parts/Grover/Vintage_Style_Machine_Heads_-_3_3_Nickel.htm Thanks for your time and assistance with this!

chasenblues

Hello Everyone,

I bought a Les Paul Standard in 2007. I replaced the original tuners with a tronical auto tuning system. The problem is that in order to install it, I had to remove the bushings that were installed for the original tuning mechanisms. My question is can I purchase bushings and reinstall them myself? If so, what size would I need and where would I acquire them? Alternatively, could I put these grover tuners on without needing to install bushings that were required for the original tuners? They look identical to the previous ones I had (which I think are probably Klusons). https://www.long-mcquade.com/14297/Guitars/Parts/Grover/Vintage_Style_Machine_Heads_-_3_3_Nickel.htm Thanks for your time and assistance with this!

The tuners should come with all the hardware to install them on the guitar including the bushings.