• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Your favorite PAF style with bloom-honk-dbl tones ?

GeraintGuitar

The old wire vs new wire: old wire has lots of impurities in it. New wire is pure copper. The impurities are a good basis of why the old ones sound the way they sound. The old pickups only sound the same if they are from the same run/batch of wire.
ThroBak: I’ve delt with Jon for 10 years! No complaints at all! Great guy/ great products!!!
There nooo waay id spend that kinda money on a couple of copper coils and a magnet
i understand these guys are providing a service for people with money to burn

but sod that id rather do things myself! pull a pickup apart and LEARN people!

mdubya

I don't know about favorite. My only experience is with my new ES LP with MHS buckers. This is the first time I have had a guitar produce double tones, real honest to goodness harmonic decay into a second note, all while walking the edge of feedback from a pushed but not heavily overdriven amp (model).

I am loving this guitar.

NmjVwqR.jpg

renderit

I don't know about favorite. My only experience is with my new ES LP with MHS buckers. This is the first time I have had a guitar produce double tones, real honest to goodness harmonic decay into a second note, all while walking the edge of feedback from a pushed but not heavily overdriven amp (model).

I am loving this guitar.

NmjVwqR.jpg

Now THAT is SCHEKSY! And with MHS to boot! SCHEKSY!

AA00475Bassman

Love my MHS , if I was to swap any Les Paul pickups i would choose Rolf's . IMO most of the pickups listed here are Kool-Aid .