• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

NGD - 2018 Gibson Explorer

Reverend David

Had a birthday last Sunday so my week started out with a bang. Then Robert Keeley & his wife stopped over for steaks & Iowa sweet corn on the grill on their way to Michigan for his Dad's wedding - he brought me his Super Mod Workstation as a gift (freaking awesome pedal) & then I decided to treat myself to the all new Explorer. Ordered from Musicians Friend on Thursday & she was delivered yesterday. The fit & finish & playability were perfect! And those Burstbucker pups are KILLER! :salude

gibson_usa_2018_explorer_electric_guitar_-_antique_natural_-_body.jpg

Pellman73

Ive been looking at some of the ones from 78

didnt know about this

cool guitar

AA00475Bassman

Really like the color looks very nice gibson did a great job ! My 76 was way to dark in color i would really like to see one in hand .

Last edited:

gmann

Very cool! I just got one recently and really like.

AA00475Bassman

I just ordered one last week , If its anything like the 2018 JR I bought last Friday I will be happy !

StSpider

I like this model a lot, it gets almost everything right and the price is very nice. Only doubt I have is: how do you like the neck? Is it very skinny?

AA00475Bassman

It is slim , IMO you will have to go historic for a large neck . The sound of the BB pickups is killer really like this guitar the neck on mine is very stable ! My opinion of these chapter 11 guitars is very high last floor model Gibson was a new 76 Deluxe and pretty much was a turd !

SimonBarSinister

Sounds like a nice Birthday! I was looking at this model as well but at a different dealer. However, for the price it seems odd to me that the fingerboard is made from Torrefied Granadillo. Is the one from MF have a rosewood fingerboard?

Thanks and Happy Birthday

Stephens

Looks killer- they did a great job on the color too. Congratulations and happy birthday!

AA00475Bassman

IMO the Terrified Granadilla plays like rosewood , the finger board on my 2018 Explorer is dark & nice grain !

Wink2206

Congrats! I got one as well. Always wanted an explorer. Like you said, those pickups! They are awesome. Huge case too!

jalevinemd

I picked one up from CME today. Overall construction is excellent. Finish and fretwork are very nice as well. I’m going to get one of the Faber conversion kits because Nashville bridges just don’t look right to me anymore. :)

My only criticism is the nut. It seems very cheap...more like something you’d see on an inexpensive import.