• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

New Duane Allman Clone Pups from Wizz

Skydogfan81

I think SUNY is the Darkburst, but if I'm wrong someone will let us know. The Final Fillmore Concert (cd comes as a bonus on Eat a Peach Deluxe edition) is also the Darkburst.

duaneflowers

SUNY is the Darkburst... although I'm not sure which amp or speakers he was using there... I think he was mixing them up towards the end.

AFAIK EAP culled songs from several live performances, some of which he used 'Lanta and some the Cherry Burst.

mistersnappy

I think SUNY is the Darkburst, but if I'm wrong someone will let us know. The Final Fillmore Concert (cd comes as a bonus on Eat a Peach Deluxe edition) is also the Darkburst.

Would have to be the Darkburst. I've seen a tiny color pic of he and Dickey from that show and there's a large color photo of Duane at the Big House from same show. SG for slide (Chuck Pulin photos here: http://www.chuckpulin.com/photos.php?photo=5003&origin=/photos.php?search=allman&x=0&y=0&start=42)

The ABB Archive Boston Common and A&R Studios shows should be DarkBurst as well as any other live tape after the last Fillmore East shows. I would guess any song with slide was SG and then the Standard. They didn't switch up much: I've never seen a pic of Dickey playing anything other than the Darkback Goldtop from late '70 until Duane died!