• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

* Smokin' Vintage Original 1960 Blonde Gibson ES-330 from OK Guitars *

Phatfrank

Jeez, that thing is beautiful. Congrats on a very, very nice score - a natural 330 is my white whale:)

sgt_steiner

@surfreak @mdubya -- It's interesting, I haven't encountered that much of a problem with feedback. Granted, I'm not cranking the bejesus out of my vintage DeArmond and going crazy loud with it, but I do use a vintage TS-808 for sick overdriven tones in the neck position and haven't had any real issues (as long as I avoid standing in front of the amp :)

In regards to "hum", well, all great sounding vintage P90's are gonna have it -- that's the tradeoff for the blistering punch of these animals when dialed up... and that's a deal with the devil I'm more than happy to make.

As you well know, you only really notice hum when you're on idle, not playing, etc. so I suppose the secret is just to keep jammin'? ;)

mdubya

@surfreak @mdubya -- It's interesting, I haven't encountered that much of a problem with feedback. Granted, I'm not cranking the bejesus out of my vintage DeArmond and going crazy loud with it, but I do use a vintage TS-808 for sick overdriven tones in the neck position and haven't had any real issues (as long as I avoid standing in front of the amp :)

In regards to "hum", well, all great sounding vintage P90's are gonna have it -- that's the tradeoff for the blistering punch of these animals when dialed up... and that's a deal with the devil I'm more than happy to make.

As you well know, you only really notice hum when you're on idle, not playing, etc. so I suppose the secret is just to keep jammin'? ;)

I agree! :dude: