• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Everything in the world is right again-- Thanks to Lance Bowzer at Wildwood!

Pellman73

So here is a fun story and any of you out there who are as OCD as me will understand the lengths to which I went through to get this issue fixed.

a Few months back I bought a used Rusty Anderson Es-335 on reverb. Its a great guitar, but I was a little irked and annoyed to find that it had the small, and wrong, pickguard as it was a redo of a 1959 TDN-- which should have the long pick guard.

I called Gibson and a jerky guy said, "well someone probably changed it". Who would do that?

Looking long and hard, high and low for a Gibson long pickguard I found nothing existed except all parts (got one, didn't fit). Montreaux aged (cool, 75$, and didn't fit) and another dude off Ebay (didn't fit.)

now I had three long pick guards that don't fit, and a guitar with the wrong pick guard. just not quite right! I mean, I was looking to pay to get one and couldn't.

Amazingly, I found the original video of this guitar (#222) on you tube with none other than GreG Koch doing a demo, and like the freaking Zapruder film you could see -- it had the SHORT GUARD!

So I contacted Wildwood and basically pled my case-- that the guitar never had the right guard on it, that I want to get the right one, and I"ll pay money, but it seems gibson does not sell them after market and they are not all that willing to give them out. can you help a brother out!?

Amazingly, Lance Bowzer said he'd contact the gibson people and see what they say. And you know what? He got me one!

Only charged me for shipping. Of course now I was wondering if it would fit, or if I'd need to drill new holes which I wasn't all that crazy about. remember the OCD?

WEll I got home from work today, ripped open the package and ..... huzzzah! trumpets blare! we have a guitar that is now made right! and no new holes!

it is amazing how it really is the little things in life.

and I will say that I"ll for certain, at some point, be buying a guitar from them. that is what I call customer service-- hell-- I wasn't even an original customer!

http://

WBailey

Awesome town ! She looks beautiful ! Diggin it !

Bowzer rocks !

bowzer.jpg

renderit

I just got my switch tip for Mother's Worry below from Lance. Gibson can take some time for sure. Switch tip is a regular tan one (TH plastics) as I think the black looks cheezy.

36321661825_9ecae8513c_h.jpg

Pellman73

I just got my switch tip for Mother's Worry below from Lance. Gibson can take some time for sure. Switch tip is a regular tan one (TH plastics) as I think the black looks cheezy.

36321661825_9ecae8513c_h.jpg

cool-- but lets talk about your new 335!

dissolve segue to your thread