• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

my beat up les paul junior is the best Gibson ive EVER played

renderit

Lovely Guitars fella's . love that double cut with un-intonated wraparound ( i dont really get intonation problems with those aslong as i keep the strings fresh ;) ) I will get some pics of mine on here soon

That one has the best P90 ever heard. I love my 59 to death but that 62 just rips up anything you throw at it.

JB83

Your 56's bridge placement is more like the 57 and later models-is it a late 56 by chance? I think mine is a fairy early 56 and has the position you see on the earlier models (it's had the treble side repair and deeper bushings installed). Makes a nice contrast to my 59, which is a fatter sounding guitar due primarily to that change in bridge placement.

My 56...:jim

56%20Jr%20006-XL.jpg

DSC_2468-X2.jpg

DSC_2470-XL.jpg

BostonRocker51

I had a 57 and a 60 LP Junior. The 57 had great tone! Really killer. I don't play out and could not justify keeping them, because I have a 1990 LP Junior I refinned with yellow nitro, and added a pricey 1958 P90 and 1950 pots & cap. It sounds EXACTLY like my 60 LP Jr, but with better intonation since it has a tuna-matic bridge... In total it cost about $1200 for the 1990 with mods, compared to $4k or so for a nice, vintage (yellow) double cutaway LP Junior. It took about a year after the refin for it to sound just like the 1960 LP Junior. I paid top dollar for the 57, but... monster tone. When I sold it I took a bath, losing over $4k on it... sighs

jrgtr42

I played a '57 or '59 through a 5E3 Deluxe about 10 years ago and to this day that is the epitome of tone.
I want to eventually acquire thaty combo - be it original, or a reish Junior, an original, reish (57 Custom series) or clone amp.
Just have to come up with the coin and permission from SWMBO (may have to move out some of my current gear for it...)

BO-CHA-CHA

D55 Jr 02.jpgD55 Jr 04.jpg

Here's My Player , ... think it's a 55 :dude:

Don't know how to enlarge these pics , ... so sorry ...

thin sissy

I would love to see more of that :peace2 !

Do you know the story of it? Was it exposed to a lot of moisture? Is the SN gone (I ask because you wrote that you "think" it's a '55)?

neuroy

Not a jr. - just a TV
my ´55 is one of the best sounding of all and best feeling of all.....

OBX351

More of an SG but it does say Les Paul Jr on the headstock...one of my favorite all time guitars

63 SG LP JR1.jpg63 SG LP JR2.jpg