• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Brand new Gibson Firebird HP 2017

c_wester

So I took the chance and ordered a Brand New Gibson Firebird HP 2017.
With the Robocop tuners.
Well as usual I was abit nervous as I had not tested the guitar... it came from Thomann.

Well I got it last friday and the thing is a monster! It rings all over the fretboard with a very stiff neck and sounds as good as any guitar I ever owned.
The neck is wide 44.3mm at the nut and its a slimtaper, that is a dream to play.

And the Robotuners are AWESOME!!!! You heard it here Im never going back.
I Think my Les Paul and Es335 are getting robo tuners also.
One thing is for sure Gibson can still make guitars.
Also the Es-335 I recently bought is also a killer.

Well here is a clip one with a video and one without.
They are the same clip however.

Im playing both Bass and the Firebird Here.
But one at a time...

https://soundcloud.com/christer-wester/icecreamhorseband

renderit

You lost me at "slim taper". If they made one chunky I'd buy. I used to love the slim ones, but age and stupidity crept in. Love the guitars and they DO sound good though! Robotuners? I am NOT going there girlfriend! But I am glad you like them. Killer axe! Congrats!

c_wester

You lost me at "slim taper". If they made one chunky I'd buy. I used to love the slim ones, but age and stupidity crept in. Love the guitars and they DO sound good though! Robotuners? I am NOT going there girlfriend! But I am glad you like them. Killer axe! Congrats!

Well the neck is not like the usual slim tapers. It is a very wide and extremly comfy fast neck its effing awesome.
This is the new robotuners and its sweet to just have to press a button and everything is in tune in a second.

It is not like the first generation were the strings stuck in the brass nut this is a harder titan nut and I think the Robotuners also are updated.
Its really cool not having to tune every other song.

Just try one and make up your own mind I was very surprised.

Pellman73

I'll take one of them Tone Benders

you are a crazy mofo all with your cinema verite camera action and your Jackson Pollack pedalboard.

rock and roll man

cool guitar. Its like you have a Velocoraptor now or something.

AA00475Bassman

Nice Firebird glad to hear you like the robo tuners ! I own two firebird Vs great guitars and love the neck profile on these guitars . Enjoy your firebird they are great guitars !

c_wester

Nice Firebird glad to hear you like the robo tuners ! I own two firebird Vs great guitars and love the neck profile on these guitars . Enjoy your firebird they are great guitars !

Yes, I agree. I tend to love all kinds of profiles if the guitar sounds really good.
But this one with the slightly wider nut 9 piece stiff neck and not super deep really is awesome.

Let me put it like this! What I cannot do on this guitar I cannot do on any other either.
I have had alot of guitars and I think Gibson is in the second Golden era now.

Most new Gibson guitars USA and CS ( I have played) are bright stingy and has alot of sustain!