• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

The Wheels of Justice........Phil Winfield.

F-Hole

For those with good memories, our favorite scammer and general ne'er-do-well is back in court Sep 26th for the next hearing.

Two felony counts of obtaining goods by false pretences and five counts of felony conversion.

Let's hope it's jail time.

Last edited:

J T

Cool.

BTW- Shift/Cmd/4 for a mac screen shot. Leaves off stuff you don't want to/shouldn't show to the world.

Fried okra

I use to message him about guitars and NEVER got a reply. Not once. Never even answered the phone. Thought that was strange. :yah

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
The first time we really met [about 10-12 years ago], he put Greeny in my hands.

DSCN4148.JPG

The next time he let me play it on stage with my buddy, Bernard!

DSCN4079.JPG

Those were a few good moments for me.
Not making excuses ... just reminiscing. :spabout

T.Allen

It is good to see the wheels of justice catching up to him. :salude

Jumping@Shadows

I recently happened upon his new website advertising his high end and vintage guitar stock, but only after clicking through several links did it arrive at 'Maverick Music', which was pretty startling after historical events! As seems to be the case, even after epic public floggings and legal cases, these guys just quietly set up shop once more :hmm

ourmaninthenorth

I recently happened upon his new website advertising his high end and vintage guitar stock, but only after clicking through several links did it arrive at 'Maverick Music', which was pretty startling after historical events! As seems to be the case, even after epic public floggings and legal cases, these guys just quietly set up shop once more :hmm

I've long known that some men simply don't know when to stop taking the piss, and then there are those that simply don't know how to. In a perverse way I feel slightly sorry for them, much akin to feeling sorrow for those piteous souls that suffer from similar and more readily identifiable organic mental health conditions.

There are some well known suspects that couldn't give me a 'Burst. I simply dismiss their presence.

Last edited:

renderit

I've long known that some men simply don't know when to stop taking the piss, and then there are those that simply don't know how to. In a perverse way I feel slightly sorry for them, much akin to feeling sorrow for those piteous souls that suffer from similar and more readily identifiable organic mental health conditions.

There are some well known suspects that couldn't give me a 'Burst. I simply dismiss their presence.

I know what you mean dude! You gotta have standards...

While I, on the other hand, have no such pre-judge-udeses! Were you wishing to give Ourmaninthenorth (or anyone else for that matter) a burst I will happily accept it in their stead! Prejudice is a terrible thing. Don't be judged by one when you can buy one! I am NOT proud! Give to the Renneedsitnow™©℞ fund for Wayward Childlike People Who Like Vintage Guitars And Aren't Proud! Your contributions are tax deadduckable. I shall set up a dumpster outside my abode for contributions! I'm easily found, just look for 2 dumpsters side-by-side! Rock On Dudes!

AxemanNYC

Winfield is charged with felony conversion and some other very serious major crimes. The cases have been continued numerous times and next come up before the Iredell District Court on May 7th.
Watch this space. He may be getting fitted for an orange jumpsuit!

AxemanNYC

For those with good memories, our favorite scammer and general ne'er-do-well is back in court Sep 26th for the next hearing.

Two felony counts of obtaining goods by false pretences and five counts of felony conversion.

Let's hope it's jail time.

Any update on this???

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
Winfield is charged with felony conversion and some other very serious major crimes. The cases have been continued numerous times and next come up before the Iredell District Court on May 7th.
Watch this space. He may be getting fitted for an orange jumpsuit!

Any update on this? :hmm

Xpensive Wino

SUPERIOR COURT CALENDAR PAGE: 4
COURT DATE: 05/07/18 TIME: 10:00 AM
COURTROOM NUMBER: 000A NO. DEFENDANT NAME OFFENSE COMPLAINANT FILE NUMBER ************************************************************************************* 86 WINFIELD,PHILLIP OBTAIN PROPERTY FALSE PRETENSE ICARD,D 16CRS057289 87 WINFIELD,PHILLIP EMBEZZLEMENT ICARD,D 16CRS057290 88 WINFIELD,PHILLIP EMBEZZLEMENT ICARD,D 16CRS057291 89 WINFIELD,PHILLIP EMBEZZLEMENT ICARD,D 16CRS057292 90 WINFIELD,PHILLIP EMBEZZLEMENT ICARD,D 16CRS057293 91 WINFIELD,PHILLIP EMBEZZLEMENT >=$100,000 ICARD,D 16CRS057294

http://www1.aoc.state.nc.us/www/Act....000A.CAL.txt&county=IREDELL&caltype=Criminal

Pg 36-37.

sillytele

I remember that day Tom (and those that followed) with The Greeny saga. What a guitar! I'm back on the fourm, and man, does it feel good.

The first time we really met [about 10-12 years ago], he put Greeny in my hands.

DSCN4148.JPG

The next time he let me play it on stage with my buddy, Bernard!

DSCN4079.JPG

Those were a few good moments for me.
Not making excuses ... just reminiscing. :spabout

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
:eek:la

Great to have you back.
Hope to see you next October's Amigo International Guitar Show.
[formerly Arlington :ganz]

:salude